Posted: Mar 27, 2019
Emmitsburg, Md. (March 27, 2019) - The Mount St. Mary's women's tennis team was topped 6-1 by Towson on Wednesday afternoon. Mount junior Alexa Quintanilla won her team leading 12th singles flight match of the year.
- The Tigers won the point from doubles competition after they took the first two flights and completed the doubles sweep with a win in the third flight as well.
- Alexa Quintanilla defeated Alexa Martinez 6-2, 6-4 in the number one flight in the battle of Alexa's. Quintanilla now has a 7-6 record on the year in the first singles flight.
- Mia Pittman forced a third tie-breaker set in the fifth flight against Phoebe Collins but was edged 3-6, 7-5, 10-2 in a hard fought match.
- Towson clinched the match win after winning the fourth flight.
- The Tigers won the second, third, fourth, and sixth flights by just two sets each.
Mount St. Mary's welcomes Fairleigh Dickinson for a Northeast Conference matchup on Sunday, March 31 at 2 PM.
Towson 6, Mount St. Mary's Women 1
1. Alexa Quintanilla (MSMW) def. Alexa Martinez (TU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Yevgeniya Shusterman (TU) def. Megan Smith (MSMW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Amelia Lawson (TU) def. Hannah Davis (MSMW) 6-2, 6-2
4. Themis Haliou (TU) def. Taylor Cook (MSMW) 6-0, 6-2
5. Phoebe Collins (TU) def. Mia Pittman (MSMW) 3-6, 7-5, 10-2
6. Claire Bedi (TU) def. Emma Blake (MSMW) 6-0, 6-2
Order of Finish: (2,6,4,3,1,5)
Order of Finish: (1,2,3)
Mount St. Mary's Women 1-13