Posted: Apr 14, 2018
Newark, Del. (April 14, 2018) - The Mount St. Mary's men's and women's tennis teams were blanked by Delaware on Saturday. The Delaware men topped the Mount men 4-0 where the two teams just until one team clinched a match victory and the Delaware women downed the Mount women 7-0.
The Delaware men swept doubles competition by winning all three doubles flights to gain the one point advantage heading into singles play.
The Bluehens recorded wins in the number four, five, and six flights to clinch the match victory. Since the match was already clinched, the first, second, and third flights did not finish. Freshman, Parth Sharma picked up a win in the first set of the number two flight but did not finish the flight.
With the loss, the Mount St. Mary's men fall to 6-13 on the year and the Delaware men jump to 16-7 on the year.
The Delaware women also earned the one point advantage from doubles play by winning all three doubles flights.
The Bluehens won all six flights of singles action in just two sets each to secure the overall match victory.
The Mount women drop to 4-15 this year and Delaware moves to 12-5 this year.
The Mountaineers men and women welcome Hampton to close out the regular season on Tuesday, April 17 for Senior Day starting at 3:00 PM.
Men: Delaware 4, Mount St. Mary's 0
1. Dustin Britton (UD) vs. Brandon Wortkotter (MSM), DNF 5-7, 1-1
2. Colin Wong (UD) vs. Parth Sharma (MSM), DNF 6-4, 3-4
3. Curran Verma (UD) vs. Jean Armstrong (MSM), DNF 0-6, 4-5
4. Justice Jones (UD) def. Gabriel Santos (MSM), 6-2, 6-2
5. Blaise Casselbury (UD) def. Chris Lindsey (MSM), 6-4, 6-3
6. Guilherme Valdoleiros (UD) def. Evan Hine (MSM), 6-1, 6-1
Women: Delaware 7, Mount St. Mary's 0
1. Brooke Pilkington (UD) def. Alexa Quintanilla (MSM), 6-3, 6-2
2. Sara Komer (UD) def. Hannah Davis (MSM), 6-2, 6-2
3. Amanda Studnicki (UD) def. Megan Gamble (MSM), 6-2, 6-1
4. Sarah Hall (UD) def. Megan Smith (MSM), 6-2, 6-2
5. Sarah Whited (UD) def. Emma Blake (MSM), 6-1, 6-0
6. Arielle Shuren (UD) def. Sam Barbato (MSM), 6-1, 6-0