Mar 28, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- The Mount split its last games, downing Fresno State by an 11-10 margin in a matchup on March 12, before falling at George Washington, 10-7, two weekends ago. The Mountaineers currently sit at 4-4 overall on the year, which is tied for the top mark in the Northeast Conference.
- In the team's most recent outing at George Washington, the Mount was held to just two goals in the first half and wasn't able to overcome the deficit in the second as GW pulled out the 10-7 win. Emily Davis and Marley Heller led the Mountaineers in the tilt with two goals apiece, while Jillian Petito tied her season-high with 14 saves in goal for the third consecutive game.
- The Mountaineer defense continues to post outstanding numbers, ranking fifth in the nation in goals against average at just 8.38 goals allowed per game. Individually, Petito is sixth in the country with an 8.15 GAA. The junior captain has held opponents to single-digit goals in four of eight games thus far, and leads the NEC in save percentage (.556) and saves per game (10.50).
- Sophomore Carly Miller tops the Mount and ranks among the top-10 in the NEC in all three scoring categories with 24 points on 15 goals and nine assists. Four other Mountaineers have double-digit points through the opening eight games, including Beanie Colson (13g, 7a) and Taylor Carhart (15g, 2a). Colson also ranks second in the NEC with 42 draw controls, averaging 5.25 per game.
- Goals: Miller (15), Carhart (15), Colson (13), Davis (13)
- Assists: Miller (9), Colson (7), Heller (4), Pagnotta (4), Kinsella (4)
- Points: Miller (24), Colson (20), Carhart (17)
- Ground balls: Petito (28), Davis (16), Miller (12)
- Caused turnovers: Davis (12), Petito (8), Heller (7)
- Draw controls: Colson (42), Daufenbach (25), Davis (17)
- Save pct: Petito (.556)
SCOUTING SAN DIEGO STATE
- The Aztecs, who own an 8-4 record on the season, opened their two-game East coast swing with an 11-10 setback at Delaware on Tuesday, which snapped their three-game winning streak that included victories over Furman (18-7), Wofford (23-4) and Liberty (11-10).
- Jill Haight leads the squad with 26 goals, 33 points and 53 draw controls, while Harlowe Steel (24g) and Grace McGinty (21) have also surpassed the 20-goal mark. Katy Sharretts owns a .471 save percentage and 11.96 goals against average in 12 starts in the cage.
- The Mountaineers begin conference play with a home game against Saint Francis U on Friday, April 6 at 3 p.m.