October 2, 2019 (Emmitsburg, Md.) – The Mount St. Mary's women's bowling team has been tabbed No. 21 in the country in the National Tenpins Coaches Association (NTCA) poll released Tuesday evening.
The Mountaineers ended their 2018-19 campaign ranked No. 19 in the country. The all-freshmen group compiled a 78-39 win-loss record on their way to a runner-up finish at the Northeast Conference (NEC) Championships.
This season, the Mount will return seven sophomores, including NEC All-Rookie Team members Rebecca Dodson, Tamera Stanton, & Danielle Milo. The Mount will also introduce five newcomers in Nichole Lewis, Julia Mazzotti, Kiana Saito, Amanda Yeung, and Meghan Yingst.
"As always, we are honored to have earned a spot among the top-25 in the nation," said head coach Kenneth DeGraaf. "I am sure our ladies were not expecting a drop in the poll after finishing last season at No. 19. However, these polls are subjective and out of our control. We can only control the objectives and that begins with our scoring output at the Bud Whitman Memorial next weekend. We are beyond excited to get the 2019-20 season started!"
The 21st-ranked Mountaineers will begin competition Oct. 12-13 at the Bud Whitman Memorial in Reading, Pa. The Mount will follow that up when they host the Mount Shootout Oct. 19-20 at Terrace Lanes in Frederick, Md.
The National Ten-Pin Coaches Association Pre-Season Poll
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- McKendree University, Lebanon, IL
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Princess Anne, MD
- North Carolina A&T, Greensboro, NC
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ
- University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, WI
- Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
- University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO
- Lincoln Memorial University, Harrogate, TN
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Delaware State University, Dover, DE
- St. Francis University, Loretto, PA
- Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA
- Maryville University, St. Louis, MO
- University of Alabama-Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Mount St. Mary's University, Emmitsburg, MD
- Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
- Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY
- Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ