Katrice Dickson’s Career-High 24 Points Lift Mount St. Mary’s Past Fairleigh Dickinson

Katrice Dickson’s Career-High 24 Points Lift Mount St. Mary’s Past Fairleigh Dickinson

Hackensack, N.J. (February 10, 2018) – Senior Katrice Dickson sank the game-winning free throws with five seconds left as part of her career-high 24-point performance in the Mount's 55-53 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday at Stratis Arena.

Fairleigh Dickinson was trailing by one with just 15 seconds remaining in the contest when Madelynn Comly was fouled and went to the line. Comly made 1-of-2 from the stripe to tie things at 53-53 before the Mountaineers called a timeout.

Coming out of the stoppage, Dickson missed a tough contested layup but Hunter Rowson was able to tie up the rebound, and the jump ball possession was awarded to the Mount. Dickson had another chance and took it to the paint once again, where she was fouled on the drive by Lauren Francillon. The senior calmly sank both free throws to put the Mount up by two with just five seconds on the clock. On the ensuing inbounds, the Mount forced a Knights turnover to seal the 55-53 victory.

Dickson registered her career-high 24 points on 8-of-15 shooting from the floor and a 4-for-7 day from three-point range. Juliette Lawless added nine points to go along with a career-best 11 rebounds, and Daly Sullivan chipped in with nine points and three assists. Sullivan drained a trio of three-pointers as she moved into sole possession of first place for most threes by a freshman in Mount St. Mary's program history, passing Lauren Howell's mark of 55 set in 2007-08.

Amina Markovic was the lone FDU player to reach double-figures, finishing with 10 points and nine rebounds.

Both teams struggled shooting the ball, with the Mount posting a 31.1 percent mark from the field, compared to a 32.2 percent clip from the Knights. The Mountaineers held FDU to just seven points in the final quarter of play on 3-of-15 (.200) shooting.

In a sloppy first quarter that saw FDU force eight Mount turnovers, Dickson kept the Mountaineers going with 11 of the team's 13 points on 4-of-5 shooting. The Knights shot 47.1 percent as a team in the period to open an 18-13 advantage heading into the second.

The Mount was held scoreless for the opening 4:30 of the second frame while FDU extended its lead to 23-13 during the stretch. Hunter Rowson and Dickson registered back-to-back buckets to break up the run and bring the Mount back within six just under the midway mark.

The Mountaineers trimmed the deficit to just four points following Dickson's third three-pointer of the half with 1:34 remaining, but the Knights netted the final five points of the stanza to push it to a 33-24 advantage at the halftime break.

Dickson led all scorers with 16 points in the half on 6-of-8 shooting from the floor and a 3-for-4 mark from deep, but the Mount shot just 27.3 percent as a team, including a 3-for-13 clip from three-point range.

The Mount heads to Sacred Heart to take on the Pioneers on Monday, February 12 at 6 p.m. The game will be streamed live on WatchESPN (ESPN3.com).