Posted: Dec 08, 2017
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- Mount St. Mary's matches up with Rider for the 23rd time in series history on Saturday with the Mount holding a 17-5 advantage. This marks the first meeting between the two teams since 2012.
- The Mount posted its first win of the season last Saturday against Loyola, topping the Greyhounds by a 71-63 margin behind a career-high 18 points and nine rebounds from Juliette Lawless. Ashlee White, Katrice Dickson and Kayla Agentowicz all added double-figures in the game as well. Last time out at 15th-ranked Maryland, the Terps posted a 97-57 victory behind a game-high 21 points from Ieshia Small. Katrice Dickson led the way for the Mount, tying her career highs in both points (16) and rebounds (6).
- The Mountaineers own a 255-140 all-time record at Knott Arena, including a 94-60 mark in Northeast Conference games. The Mount won its only home game of the season thus far last Saturday vs. Loyola.
- Sophomores Kayla Agentowicz (13.1 ppg) and Ashlee White (10.9), along with senior Katrice Dickson (10.8) are the three Mountaineers averaging double-figures through the opening eight games. Agentowicz currently ranks fourth in the Northeast Conference in both field goal percentage (.500) and three-point percentage (.457), and has shot better than 50-percent from the field in five of seven games played.
- The Mount remains at home for a matchup with Gardner-Webb on Sunday, December 17 at 1 p.m. The game will be streamed live on NECFrontRow.com.
- After losing their first six games to open the season, the Broncs topped Vermont (64-49) and La Salle (76-55) in the two most recent outings to move to 2-6 on the year.
- Kamila Hoskova leads the squad with 14.6 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, while Stella Johnson is averaging 12.9 points and 5.3 rebounds. As a team, Rider is scoring 58.5 points per game while surrendering 67.1 to opponents.