Posted: Nov 28, 2017
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- Mount St. Mary's is set for a matchup at Lehigh on Wednesday in the 10th all-time meeting between the two teams. The contest marks the sixth straight road game for the Mountaineers to open the season, which is the longest road stretch to begin a campaign in program history.
- Last time out, Morgan State held off a late comeback attempt from Mount St. Mary's to register a 75-67 victory, dropping the Mount to 0-5 on the year. Kayla Agentowicz paced the Mount with her second consecutive 20-point effort to go along with a team-high six rebounds. Ashlee White posted 10 points and four assists, and Daly Sullivan added 10 points in her first career start to help pace the Mountaineers. The Mount went 24-for-57 (.421) from the field and 9-for-24 (.375) from long range in the contest.
- Agentowicz and White have led the Mount's offense to open the season, averaging 12.4 and 10.6 points per game, respectively. White has logged double-digit points in four of five games, while Agentowicz' 24 and 20-point performances over the last two have moved her into the team-lead in scoring.
- In the contest at Fairfield, Agentowicz set new career highs in points (24), field goals made (10), three-pointers made (4) and minutes (40). She became the first Mountaineer with 10-plus field goals in a game on the road since Sydney Henderson made 11 at American back in 2013. Agentowicz followed up her career performance with another 20 points and six rebounds on Sunday at Morgan State. The sophomore went 7-of-12 from the field, and is now 17-for-27 in the last two tilts.
- Lehigh owns a slight 5-4 advantage over the Mount all-time after winning the previous four meetings in the series. Last season, the Mountain Hawks posted a 74-57 victory in Emmitsburg behind 23 points from Quinci Mann and 14 from Hannah Hedstrom. Katrice Dickson paced the Mount with 16 points, while Caroline Hummell added 10.
- Lehigh sits at 4-3 on the year with wins over Monmouth (75-57), Cornell (62-57), Mansfield (77-47) and Fairfield (56-53).
- Quinci Mann leads the squad with 13.6 points per game, and Camryn Buhr is also averaging double-figures with 12.4 per contest. As a team, the Mountain Hawks are averaging 63.7 points per game while surrendering 64.6 to opponents.
- The Mountaineers return to Emmitsburg for their home opener on December 2 against Loyola. Opening tip is set for 1 p.m., and action can be seen at NECFrontRow.com.