ABOUT THE MOUNT
* Mount St. Mary's takes on Xavier this Tuesday (November 14) in the first-ever meeting between the two programs. Action from the Cintas Center starts at 7 p.m.
* The Mount opened the season on Saturday at No. 6 Notre Dame, falling to the Irish by a 121-65 margin. Ashlee White led the way with a team-high 12 points, while Katrice Dickson added 11 points and four assists. The Mountaineers shot 40.7 percent (24-59) from the field in the contest and 38.1 (8-21) percent from long range. Notre Dame grabbed 22 offensive rebounds and held a 50-27 rebounding advantage overall.
* Six different Mountaineers made their collegiate debuts in the season opener at Notre Dame, including five true freshmen and one redshirt freshman. Center Rebecca Lee and guard Daly Sullivan made the biggest impact of the rookie class, combining for 16 points in the tilt. Lee dropped eight points to go along with five rebounds and four blocks, while Sullivan also registered eight points and hit a pair of three-pointers.
* The Mountaineers look to build off their 2016-17 campaign in which they finished at 12-18 overall and 10-8 in NEC play. They made an NEC playoff appearance for the sixth straight season, earning the No. 5 seed and a trip to the quarterfinals.
* Maria Marchesano was named the Mount's new head coach prior to the season, coming over after a season as an associate head coach at IUPUI. Marchesano has 79 career victories in five seasons combined as a head coach at Urbana University and Walsh University.
* The Musketeers outlasted New Hampshire in the season opener on Saturday, topping the Wildcats by a 71-66 final in overtime.
* Jada Byrd and Annina Aijanen paced Xavier with a combined 25 points and 11 rebounds in the contest.
*The Mount heads to Coppin State for a tilt on November 18 at 2 p.m.