Annapolis, Md. (March 15, 2019) - The Mount St. Mary's men's tennis team was downed 7-0 by Bryant on Friday night. With the loss, the Mount drops to 1-11 on the year with a 0-1 conference record and with the win, the Bulldogs move to 12-9 this season with a conference mark of 2-0.
Singles Play Recap
- Bryant swept singles play after they took all six flights by just two sets each. The Bulldogs earned the match win after Guido Argentini topped Jean Armstrong 6-0, 6-0 in the number four flight to give Bryant a 4-0 lead.
- Mountaineers' Alonso Garcia fought hard in the third flight but was edged 6-4, 6-3 by Artur Jakubowski.
Doubles Play Recap
- The Bulldogs completed the match sweep after they took the number one, two, and three flights of doubles action. Bryant clinched the point from doubles play after Kuhar and Jakubowski defeated Garcia and Gabriel Santos 6-2.
The Mount men's squad is back in action when they welcome Hofstra for their home opener on Wednesday, March 20 at 2 PM.
Bryant 7, Mount St. Mary's 0
1. Matt Kuhar (Bryant) def. Parth Sharma (MSMM) 6-2, 6-2
2. Wilson Dong (Bryant) def. Gabriel Santos (MSMM) 6-2, 6-2
3. Artur Jakubowski (Bryant) def. Alonso Garcia (MSMM) 6-4, 6-3
4. Guido Argentini (Bryant) def. Jean Armstrong (MSMM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Andrew Pregel (Bryant) def. Evan Hine (MSMM) 6-2, 6-2
6. Andrew Forchetti (Bryant) def. Chris Lindsey (MSMM) 6-0, 6-0
Order of finish: (6,5,4,1,2,3)
1. Kuhar/Jakubowski (Bryant) def. Alonso Garcia/Gabriel Santos (MSMM) 6-2
2. Grant Pertile/Jorge Ortiz (Bryant) def. Evan Hine/Jean Armstrong (MSMM) 6-2
3. Scott Plutt/Michael Plutt (Bryant) def. Parth Sharma/Christian Duran (MSMM) 6-3
Order of finish: (2,1,3)