The No. 4 moment in the Mount Athletic Department's countdown of the Top 20 Moments in 2012-13 belongs to men's lacrosse player Andrew Scalley, who was named the Northeast Conference Offensive Player of the Year.
Scalley led the Mount with an NEC record 66 points this year, tallying 30 goals and 36 assists. He finished fifth in the nation by averaging 4.40 points per game.
Scalley finished his career second all-time at the Mount with 220 points while his 129 goals and 91 assists are each fourth all-time in the Mount record books. Scalley had a career-high 10 points on six goals and four assists in the Mount's win over Manhattan, setting the NEC single-game record for points. Scalley is a three-time First Team All-NEC selection while he was the league's Rookie of the Year as a freshman.
He was added to the Tewaaraton Award watch list in March and was named to the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (USILA) Scholar All-America team in late May.
Throughout the summer, the athletic department will recap the top 20 moments of the 2012-13 season. Fans can follow along on MountAthletics.com and through social media (Facebook / Twitter). Use the hashtag #MountTop20 to give us your thoughts on the top 20.
2012-13 Top 20 Moments Release Schedule
20. Alicia Mirando Scores Twice to Beat FDU, Continues Mount's Strong Season
19. Emmit S. Burg Arrives on Campus
18. Mount Athletics Celebrates Women in Sports
17. Vanessa Blair Joins NEC Hall of Fame
16. Amanda Reach Ties for Sixth at NEC Championships
15. Kelly Conroy Earns Academic All-America Status
14. Tommy Gruschow Finishes Second at NEC Cross Country Championships
13. Brett Schmidt Drafted by Rochester Rattlers in Major League Lacrosse Draft
12. Women's Lacrosse Beats Quinnipiac On Kaitlyn Larrimore's Five Goals
11. Women's Basketball Takes Down Seton Hall, 74-64
10. Mike Salomon Breaks Career Singles Wins Record
9. Jon Fernandez Breaks Own School Record in Javelin to Qualify for NCAA Regional
8. Elissa Ingram Breaks Conference Record to Win Pole Vault Crown at NEC Championships
7. Nicole Pagano Sets Career Strikeout Record
6. Women's Basketball Qualifies for NEC Semifinals
5. Tom Healy Earns National Recognition For Standout Weekend
4. Andrew Scalley Named Northeast Conference Offensive Player of the Year
3. August 2, 2013
2. August 5, 2013
1. August 7, 2013