Feb 15, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (7-19, 4-9 NEC) vs. WAGNER (12-12, 7-6 NEC)
Saturday, February 16, 2019, 4 pm
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Vado Morse scored 21 points while Jalen Gibbs added 14 points and eight rebounds to lead Mount St. Mary's to a 76-62 win over Robert Morris at Knott Arena on Thursday night. Trailing 38-31 at the half, the Mount outscored the Colonials 45-24 in the second half to secure the victory. A 10-0 run midway through the half, highlighted by an Omar Habwe four-point play and a Habwe dunk after a turnover, gave the Mount the lead for good. The Mountaineers shot 51.1 percent from the field in the victory.
- Wagner holds a 37-23 lead in the all-time series against the Mountaineers, but the Mount has won the past two matchups in the series. Mount St. Mary's earned a 70-56 win at Wagner on January 19, the Mount's first NEC regular season win at the Spiro Sports Center since 2010. The Mount is 12-17 all-time at home against the Seahawks, but have won four of the past five games at Knott Arena.
- Freshman Vado Morse paced the Mount with 21 points in the win over Robert Morris. Morse has scored 20 or more points in five of the past nine games. The five-time Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week is averaging 17.9 points and 4.1 assists over the nine-game stretch, shooting 49.1 percent from the field, 37.3 percent from three-point range, and 80.9 percent at the charity stripe.
- The Mount has picked it up on the offensive end in the back-to-back wins over Sacred Heart and Robert Morris. Over the two games, the Mount is averaging 76.0 points while shooting 52.5 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from three-point range. Vado Morse and Jalen Gibbs have keyed the surge with Morse averaging 22.0 points and Gibbs 17.5.
- Sophomore guard Jalen Gibbs tallied 14 points and eight rebounds in the win over Robert Morris on Thursday. Gibbs has come on of late, averaging 16.0 points and 6.0 rebounds over the past five games, shooting 46.0 percent from the field over that stretch.
- Up next, the Mount visits Central Connecticut on Thursday, February 21, for a 7:00 p.m. matchup.