Posted: Jan 02, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-10, 0-0 NEC) at SAINT FRANCIS U (4-7, 0-0 NEC)
Thursday, January 3, 2019, 7 pm
DeGol Arena * Loretto, Pa.
MOUNT NEWS AND NOTES
- Mount St. Mary's saw its three-game win streak snapped with a 71-53 loss at Minnesota on December 30. Freshmen Vado Morse and Dee Barnes combined for 31 points in the game. Morse scored 13 of his game-high 18 points in the second half for the Mountaineers. The Mount used a 10-0 run to cut a 16-point deficit to six with seven minutes left, but could get no closer.
- The Mount's matchup at Saint Francis U begins the school's 30th season in the Northeast Conference. The Mountaineers are 12-17 all-time in NEC openers, including 4-14 on the road. This is the third consecutive season, and the fifth time in the last six seasons, that the Mount has opened NEC play on the road. The Mount is 0-1 against Saint Francis U in NEC openers, falling 74-72 on the road on Dec. 4, 1989, in the Mount's first-ever NEC game.
- Vado Morse, who scored 18 points in the loss at Minnesota, was named the Northeast Conference Co-Rookie of the Week on Monday. He is the fourth Mountaineer to collect NEC Rookie of the Week honors, joining Nana Opoku, Dee Barnes and Malik Jefferson.
- The Mountaineers have been solid on the boards of late, posting a +10.3 rebound margin over the past four games. The Mount is averaging 15.8 offensive rebounds per game over that stretch.
- Mount St. Mary's is 49-30 all-time against Saint Francis U in the all-time series that began way back in 1916. The Mount has won seven in a row against the Red Flash, and is 24-3 against Saint Francis U over the past 27 matchups. The Mount has won three in a row on the road against SFU, and is 6-1 over the past seven matchups at DeGol Arena.
- The Mount defense has been solid over the past four games. Over that span, the Mount's opponents are shooting just 38.0 percent from the field and 22.8 percent from three-point range while averaging 57.2 points per game.