Posted: Dec 26, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-9) at MINNESOTA (10-2)
Sunday, December 30, 2018, 4 pm ET
Williams Arena * Minneapolis, Minn.
MOUNT NEWS AND NOTES
- Mount St. Mary's stretched its win streak to three with an 83-44 win over St. Mary's (Md.) on December 22. Vado Morse led the Mountaineers with 18 points, four assists and four steals while Jalen Gibbs just missed a double-double with 13 points and nine rebounds. The Mount held a 43-19 lead at the half before stretching the final margin of victory to 39.
- Mount St. Mary's freshman Malik Jefferson was named the Northeast Conference Co-Rookie of the Week on December 24. He is the third Mountaineer to win NEC Rookie of the Week honors this season, joining teammates Nana Opoku and Dee Barnes. It is the first time since the Mount joined the NEC in 1989-90 that the team has had three different Rookie of the Week winners in the same season.
- Defense has keyed the Mount's three-game win streak. The Mountaineers are holding the opposition to 52.7 points per game and 36.7 percent shooting during the three-game streak. Mount opponents are shooting just 23.3 percent (17-of-73) from three-point range over that span.
- The Mount's 39-point win over St. Mary's (Md.) on December 22 was the biggest win by a Mount team since an 80-33 victory over Widener on January 21, 1989.
- Up next, the Mount opens Northeast Conference play with a two-game road trip to Saint Francis U (January 3) and Robert Morris (January 5).