Dec 06, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-8) at LEHIGH (5-3)
Saturday, December 8, 2018, 4 pm
Emmitsburg, Md. * Knott Arena
- The Mountaineers battled St. John's tough before falling 85-71 on Wednesday night at Carnesecca Arena. Freshman Dee Barnes poured in a career-high 26 points in his first collegiate start while Jalen Gibbs tallied 16 points and six rebounds in the game. The Mount trailed by two midway through the second half and were down 70-65 with six minutes to play before the Red Storm stretched out the lead. The Mountaineers made a season-high 12 three-pointers in the game.
- Freshman Dee Barnes scored 26 points in his first collegiate start at St. John's on Wednesday. The 26 points are the most in a game by a Mount freshman since Miles Wilson had 26 at UT Arlington on Nov. 23, 2016. Barnes had scored 12 points on the season entering the game. Barnes went 7-of-10 from three-point range in the game, the most three-pointers in a game by a Mountaineer since Will Miller made seven against Albany in the NCAA Opening Round on March 18, 2014.
- The Mount's game with Lehigh is just the second home game of the season for the Mountaineers. The Mountaineers opened the year by playing seven of the first eight games on the road.
- Up next, the Mountaineers host Wilson College on Saturday, December 15, at Knott Arena.
- Dee Barnes scored 26 points at St. John's to become the third Mountaineer to record a 20-point game this season. Leading scorer Jalen Gibbs posted back-to-back games with 20 or more points to open the season while Malik Jefferson had 22 points at Loyola on December 1.
- The Mount made a season-high 12 three-pointers at St. John's on Wednesday. Mount St. Mary's was 12-of-31 (.387) from beyond the arc in the game. For the season, the Mount is shooting 30.6 percent from three-point range, averaging 7.1 three-point field goals made per game.