MOUNT ST. MARY'S (12-13, 7-7 NEC) vs. LIU BROOKLYN (15-11, 10-4 NEC)
Thursday, February 21, 2013, 7 pm
Emmitsburg, Md. * Knott Arena
* The Mountaineers stretched their win streak to three with an 89-80 win over Central Connecticut State on Saturday. Rashad Whack scored 22 points while Julian Norfleet added 21 in the victory. It was a balanced scoring attack as Sam Prescott (18), Shivaughn Wiggins (12) and Kelvin Parker (10) also reached double figures in the win.
* Sam Prescott was named the Choice Hotels/Northeast Conference Player of the Week on Monday. Prescott averaged 31.0 points and 6.0 rebounds in leading the Mount to a pair of wins. He scored a career-high 44 points in the Mount's 84-70 victory over Bryant before adding 18 in the win over CCSU. He is the first Mount player to earn NEC Player of the Week honors since the 2009-10 season.
* The Mount has had a balanced scoring attack with five players averaging in double figures over the past four games. The list includes Sam Prescott (18.3), Rashad Whack (14.3), Shivaughn Wiggins (12.5), Kelvin Parker (11.5) and Julian Norfleet (10.5).
* Junior Julian Norfleet has been a key to the Mount resurgence on offense. Norfleet moved to the point guard spot 10 games ago, and is averaging 11.8 points and 5.3 assists per game over that stretch. He has dished out 53 assists with just 18 turnovers in the 10 games.
* Sophomore Kelvin Parker has given the Mount a lift off the bench, averaging 11.5 points and 3.3 rebounds over the past four games. Parker has scored in double figures three times in that span, including a season-high 19 in the win over Bryant.
Up Next: The Mount hosts St. Francis Brooklyn on Saturday, Feb. 23, at 3:30 p.m. at Knott Arena.