Emmitsburg, Md. (July 29, 2013) -- Mount St. Mary's outfielder Tom Healy's big weekend against Fairleigh Dickinson is the No. 5 moment in the Mount's countdown of the top moments of 2012-13. For his big weekend, Healy was named the Louisville Slugger National Player of the Week by Collegiate Baseball newspaper and the College Baseball Insider (CBI) Louisville Slugger National Player of the Week.
A center fielder, Healy finished the four-game series 13-for-16 (.813) with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, eight RBIs and eight runs scored. He had a slugging percentage of 1.500 for the series, and posted an on-base percentage of .842.
Healy opened the series by going 4-for-5 with a double, a triple and two runs scored in the Mount's 7-1 victory. He followed with a 3-for-3 game with three RBIs, two doubles and three runs scored as the Mount posted a 17-0 victory. After going 2-for-3 with an RBI in the Mount's 10-4 loss to the Knights, Healy closed the series by going 4-for-5 with two home runs, three runs scored and three RBIs in a 10-7 extra-inning loss.
Healy was named Second Team All-Northeast Conference, becoming the first Mountaineer to capture All-NEC accolades as an outfielder since Shane Eyler took home First Team honors in 2009. The Mount's everyday centerfielder put together a .380 batting average, which was tied for the third-best single season average in program history, and was the top mark in the NEC.
Healy's final stat line for the 2013 season included six home runs, 60 hits, 25 RBIs and 30 runs scored to go with 10 stolen bases. In games against NEC competition, his average jumped up to .392 with five home runs, 40 hits, 15 RBIs, 22 runs and six stolen bases.
For his career, Healy tied for seventh on the Mount's all-time list with four triples and ninth with a .507 slugging percentage.
Throughout the summer, the athletic department will recap the top 20 moments of the 2012-13 season. Fans can follow along on MountAthletics.com and through social media (Facebook / Twitter). Use the hashtag #MountTop20 to give us your thoughts on the top 20.
2012-13 Top 20 Moments Release Schedule
20. Alicia Mirando Scores Twice to Beat FDU, Continues Mount's Strong Season
19. Emmit S. Burg Arrives on Campus
18. Mount Athletics Celebrates Women in Sports
17. Vanessa Blair Joins NEC Hall of Fame
16. Amanda Reach Ties for Sixth at NEC Championships
15. Kelly Conroy Earns Academic All-America Status
14. Tommy Gruschow Finishes Second at NEC Cross Country Championships
13. Brett Schmidt Drafted by Rochester Rattlers in Major League Lacrosse Draft
12. Women's Lacrosse Beats Quinnipiac On Kaitlyn Larrimore's Five Goals
11. Women's Basketball Takes Down Seton Hall, 74-64
10. Mike Salomon Breaks Career Singles Wins Record
9. Jon Fernandez Breaks Own School Record in Javelin to Qualify for NCAA Regional
8. Elissa Ingram Breaks Conference Record to Win Pole Vault Crown at NEC Championships
7. Nicole Pagano Sets Career Strikeout Record
6. Women's Basketball Qualifies for NEC Semifinals
5. Tom Healy Earns National Recognition For Standout Weekend
4. July 31, 2013
3. August 2, 2013
2. August 5, 2013
1. August 7, 2013