Women’s Tennis Edged by UDC, 5-4
Washington, D.C. (September 13, 2011)—The women's tennis team lost to UDC Tuesday afternoon, 5-4. Mount St. Mary's split the singles matches 3-3, but lost two of the three doubles matches to lose the match.
Samantha Pinchoff and Kelly Conroy teamed up to win at No. 1 doubles, 9-8(5) defeating Jessica Nunez and Maria Vitkina. UDC won No. 2 and No. 3 doubles to take an early 2-1 lead, that would prove to be the winning point.
In singles action, the Mount split with the Firebirds with the Mount winning at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6. Both Renee Deane and Liz Rossi won their matches in straight sets, and Lauren Clark needing three sets to get the victory. UDC won the other three matches, with two coming in straight sets.
The women return to action this Friday, September 16 when they participate in the Bucknell Invitational.
WOMEN UDC 5, Mount St. Mary's 4
- Samantha Pinchoff/Kelly Conroy (MSM) def. Jessica Nunez/Maria Vitkina (UDC), 9-8(5)
- Kristyna Nepivodova/Maxime Duijst (UDC) def. Carly Landini/Renee Deane (MSM), 8-2
- Sofia Leon/Tadai Abilla (UDC) def. Taylor D'Agostino/Jennifer Smith (MSM), 8-5
- Jessica Nunez (UDC) def. Samantha Pinchoff (MSM), 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-3
- Kristyna Nepivodova (UDC) def. Kelly Conroy (MSM), 6-4, 6-1
- Maria Vitkina (UDC) def. Carly Landini (MSM), 6-4, 7-5(2)
- Renee Deane (MSM) def. Maxime Duijst (UDC), 6-4, 6-2
- Liz Rossi (MSM) def. Sofia Leon (UDC), 6-1, 6-1
- Lauren Clark (MSM) def. Tadai Abilla (UDC), 2-6, 6-1, 10-4