Mar 03, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- Mount St. Mary's is set for the 60th all-time meeting with Robert Morris on Sunday. The Mount owns a 33-26 advantage in the series despite RMU having won each of the last 10 meetings.
- The Colonials topped the Mount in the first meeting between the two teams earlier this season, 77-68, in Emmitsburg. Daly Sullivan drained four three-pointers and led the Mount with 19 points to go along with four assists in the contest.
- The Mountaineers currently own a 6-11 mark in Northeast Conference play, and sit one game behind the trio of Central Connecticut, Fairleigh Dickinson and LIU Brooklyn for the final playoff spot. The Mount needs a win over Robert Morris on Sunday, coupled with a loss by either Central Connecticut or Fairleigh Dickinson in order to secure a spot in the playoffs.
- On Friday night in Emmitsburg, Mount St. Mary's fell to Saint Francis U on Senior Night, 79-69, despite five Mountaineers scoring in double-figures. Juliette Lawless led the way for the Mount in the tilt, finishing with a team-high 18 points to go along with eight rebounds, seven assists and five blocks as the junior filled the stat sheet once again. Caroline Hummell (15 pts, 9 reb) and Jatarrikah Settle (13 pts, 9 reb) each finished one rebound shy of a double-double in the game, while Katrice Dickson added 10 points, six rebounds and three assists.
- Lawless continues to do it all for the Mountaineers, as the junior leads the squad in points (11.1), rebounds (6.6), assists (3.5) and steals (1.8) per game. Lawless, along with Dickson and Daly Sullivan are the three Mountaineers averaging double-digit points on the season.
SCOUTING ROBERT MORRIS
- The Colonials sit in a tie for first place in the Northeast Conference along with Saint Francis U with a 15-2 league mark and 22-6 overall record. RMU has won five games in a row entering Sunday, including a 49-46 victory over Wagner on Friday night.
- Robert Morris is the conference's top defensive team, allowing an average of just 53.9 points to opponents. Nneka Ezeigbo leads the squad in both points (10.4) and rebounds (7.3) per contest.