Feb 18, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- On Monday night, the Mount will matchup with Central Connecticut for the 39th time in series history. The Mount owns a 26-12 mark all-time against the Blue Devils, including a 14-3 record at Knott Arena.
- The two teams faced off in the conference opener in late December, with the Mount pulling out a 68-56 victory behind a combined 35 points from Caroline Hummell and Bridget Birkhead. Hummell registered a game-high 21 points in the win, with 19 of those coming in the second half. Birkhead went 4-of-7 from three-point range as she finished the night with a career-high 14 points.
- The Mountaineers look to get back on track after having dropped four of their last five contests. Last time out, Masey Zegarowski's jumper with just eight seconds remaining proved to be the game-winner as Bryant edged Mount St. Mary's, 67-64, on Saturday at Knott Arena. Katrice Dickson netted a game-high 21 points on 9-of-15 shooting and a 3-for-6 mark from downtown, to go along with seven rebounds. Juliette Lawless added 19 points on 7-of-10 shooting, while Hunter Rowson chipped in a career-high eight points, and Jatarrikah Settle registered five points and a career-best 12 rebounds.
- Katrice Dickson's hot streak coming down the stretch continues, as the senior has now registered the three highest scoring games of her career the last three times out. In the win over Fairleigh Dickinson last Saturday, Dickson set a new career-high with 24 points. She followed it up with an 18-point performance at Sacred Heart last Monday, before dropping 21 points and a career-best nine field goals against Bryant on Saturday. Dickson is averaging 21.0 points with a .575 shooting percentage and a .500 clip from downtown during the stretch.
- Following the contest against Central Connecticut, the Mount heads to Staten Island for a matchup with Wagner on February 24 at 1 p.m.
SCOUTING CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
- The Blue Devils sit in sixth place in the NEC with a 6-7 league mark and a 6-18 overall record. They enter Monday's contest on a four-game winning streak, with victories over Sacred Heart, Fairleigh Dickinson, Bryant and Wagner during the stretch.
- Junior guard Kiana Patterson is the team's leading scorer at 13.5 points per game, while junior forward Andi Lydon ranks second in scoring (11.7) and tops the squad in rebounding (6.0). The Blue Devils are averaging 58.4 points as a team, and yielding 71.5 to opponents.