Feb 16, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- The Mountaineers continue Northeast Conference play with the 19th all-time meeting against Bryant on Saturday. The series between the two teams is tied at 9-9, but the Mount owns a 5-3 advantage at Knott Arena.
- The Mount has won two of the last three matchups against Bryant, including a 68-63 victory over the Bulldogs in the first meeting between the two teams earlier this season. Katrice Dickson led the way with 17 points, and Juliette Lawless chipped in with 13 points.
- Last time out, Sacred Heart outscored Mount St. Mary's by 11 in the fourth quarter to come away with the 56-44 victory on Monday night at the Pitt Center, as the Mount dropped to 8-16 overall and 5-8 in conference play. Katrice Dickson, Daly Sullivan and Juliette Lawless combined to score 42 of the Mount's 44 points on the night. Dickson netted a game-high 18 points on 6-of-10 shooting to pace the Mountaineers. Sullivan drained four three-pointers for 15 points in the contest, and Lawless added nine points, 11 rebounds and three assists.
- Katrice Dickson has registered the two highest scoring games of her career the last two times out. In the win over Fairleigh Dickinson last Saturday, Katrice Dickson set new career-highs in points (24) and field goals made (8), while matching her career-high for three-pointers (4). The senior sank the game-winning free throws with just five seconds on the clock as the Mount went on for the 55-53 win. Dickson followed up her career performance with the second-highest scoring night of her career (18 pts.) on Monday at Sacred Heart.
- Juliette Lawless' breakout season has continued as the junior guard leads the Mount in scoring (10.5), rebounding (6.1) and assists (3.3). Lawless has tallied double-digit points in eight of the team's 13 conference games, averaging a team-high 12.0 points, 7.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists per contest during the league slate.
- Daly Sullivan, who ranks third in the NEC in three-pointers (62), owns the Mount St. Mary's record for most threes by a freshman in a single season in program history. She surpassed Lauren Howell's rookie mark of 55 in the win over FDU on February 10. The all-time record for most threes in a season by any player in Mount program history is 79 from Myriam Baccouche during the 2003-04 campaign.
- The Bulldogs sit in fourth place in the Northeast Conference with a 6-6 league mark and 7-16 overall record. They enter Saturday's contest having lost four of their last five games, including a 66-59 setback at Central Connecticut last time out.
- Sydney Holloway ranks third in the conference in scoring (17.0) and leads the league in rebounding (9.7), as the sophomore sits just shy of averaging a double-double. Naomi Ashley (9.4 ppg), Hannah Scanlan (8.3) and Kierra Palmer (7.4) round out the team's other top offensive threats.