Feb 11, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- The Mountaineers are set to face Sacred Heart for the 38th time in series history on Monday with the Pioneers holding a 31-6 all-time advantage.
- Sacred Heart won the first meeting between the two teams earlier this season by an 82-52 margin at Knott Arena. Four different Pioneers finished in double-figures, led by Candice Leatherwood's game-high 24 points. Juliette Lawless (17 pts) and Caroline Hummell (14) paced the Mount with a combined 31 points in the tilt.
- Mount St. Mary's collected a key win on Saturday, downing FDU by a 55-53 margin in New Jersey. Senior Katrice Dickson sank the game-winning free throws with five seconds left as part of her career-high 24-point performance to lead the Mount to victory. Dickson went 8-of-15 from the floor and 4-for-7 from three-point range in the tilt. Juliette Lawless added nine points to go along with a career-best 11 rebounds, and Daly Sullivan chipped in with nine points and three assists. The Mountaineer victory moved them into a tie for fifth place in the conference, along with LIU Brooklyn, St. Francis Brooklyn and Central Connecticut.
- With three more three-pointers on Saturday, rookie Daly Sullivan took over the Mount's program record for most threes by a freshman in a single season, passing Lauren Howell's mark of 55 set in 2007-08. Sullivan ranks third in the conference in three-pointers made this season, with 58.
- Following the matchup with Sacred Heart, the Mount returns home to face Bryant on February 17 at 4 p.m.
SCOUTING SACRED HEART
- The Pioneers currently sit in ninth place in the conference with a 4-8 league mark and 8-15 overall record. They had lost three in a row before topping Wagner last time out, 61-49, behind 19 points from Candice Leatherwood.
- Leatherwood leads the squad with 13.9 points per contest, while Katherine Haines (13.2 ppg), Tykera Carter (12.0) and Erin Storck (10.1) are also averaging double-figures. As a team, the Pioneers are scoring 63.3 points a game and allowing 70.4 to opponents.