Jan 26, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- The Mount continues Northeast Conference play with the 59th all-time matchup against Wagner. The Mountaineers own a 43-15 advantage in the all-time series, including a 23-7 record at home.
- Mount St. Mary's has won 14 straight contests against Wagner, including both matchups last season. In the opening meeting in Emmitsburg last year, the Mount posted a 66-47 victory as Kayla Agentowicz (15 pts), Ashlee White (14) and Juliette Lawless (10) each registered double-figures. Later in the year in Staten Island, the Mountaineers came away with a 70-59 win behind a 17-point effort from White. In the two victories over the Seahawks last year, White averaged 15.5 points and 2.0 assists.
- Mount St. Mary's was topped by Robert Morris 77-68 this past Monday at Knott Arena, dropping the Mount to 6-13 overall and 3-5 in NEC play. Rookie Daly Sullivan led the way for the Mountaineers with a team-high 19 points on 7-of-12 shooting from the field and a 4-for-8 mark from long range in the contest, while tallying 13 of her 19 points in the second half of play. The freshman guard matched her career-high with four assists in the tilt. Ashlee White helped pace the Mount with 14 points and three assists in her second game back from injury.
- Sullivan drained a combined 10 three-pointers in games against Saint Francis U and Robert Morris last week, while averaging 19.5 points in the pair of contests. The rookie is tied for third in the conference in three-pointers made per game, averaging 2.6 a contest.
- The Mountaineers have posted their four highest assist totals of the season in the last five contests. The Mount registered a season-high 18 assists at St. Francis Brooklyn on January 13, and is averaging 14.4 assists per contest during the five-game stretch.
- Following the tilt with Wagner, Mount St. Mary's returns to action the following Saturday (Feb. 3) at home against LIU Brooklyn at 1 p.m.
- Wagner enters Saturday's contest on a seven-game losing streak after falling to Robert Morris and Saint Francis U last week. The Seahawks sit at 3-16 overall and 1-7 in conference, with their lone league win coming against Bryant.
- Sierra Clark leads the squad in both points and rebounds, averaging nearly a double-double with 18.6 points and 9.8 rebounds per game. The Seahawks are scoring 54.6 points a contest while allowing 69.2 to opponents.