Jan 21, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- The Mount is set to take on reigning Northeast Conference Champion Robert Morris on Monday night in the 59th all-time meeting between the two teams. The Mount owns a 33-25 advantage in the series against Robert Morris, including an 18-11 mark at Knott Arena.
- Last time out, rookie Daly Sullivan nailed a last-second three-pointer to force overtime, but Saint Francis U outlasted Mount St. Mary's in the extra period to escape with a 92-88 victory. Caroline Hummell netted a team-high 21 points for the Mount on 8-of-12 shooting and a 3-of-4 mark from long range, while also pulling down seven rebounds. Sullivan matched her career-high with six three-pointers on 12 attempts to finish the contest with 20 points. Ashlee White chipped in with 17 points and four rebounds in her first game back from injury, and Juliette Lawless was the other Mountaineer to reach double-figures, finishing with 10 points, six rebounds and four assists.
- The Mountaineers posted season highs in both points (88) and three-pointers made (14) in the tilt. The Mount shot 50 percent (14-28) from long range, which marks its third game this season with a 50 percent or better mark from deep.
- Rookie Daly Sullivan matched her career-high with six three-pointers on Saturday, which is tied for eighth-most in a single game in program history. Sullivan currently ranks sixth in the conference in three-pointers made per game, averaging 2.5 a contest.
- The Mountaineers have posted their three highest assist totals of the season in the last four contests. The stretch started with 15 assists against Fairleigh Dickinson, and the Mount followed it up with a season-high 18 helpers at St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 13. Last time out, Mount St. Mary's posted 14 assists at Saint Francis U.
- Following Monday's game, the Mount is back in action on January 27 at home against Wagner.
SCOUTING ROBERT MORRIS
- Robert Morris was crowned Northeast Conference Champions last season, and currently sits in first place this year with a perfect 6-0 league mark and a 13-4 overall record. The Colonials defeated Wagner by a 58-52 margin last time out to remain perfect.
- Robert Morris is the league's best defensive team, allowing just 54.6 points per contest and a .356 field goal percentage to opponents. Nneka Ezeigbo leads the squad with 11.2 points and 7.5 rebounds per game on the year.