Jan 07, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- Mount St. Mary's continues Northeast Conference play with the 55th all-time meeting against Fairleigh Dickinson. The Mount owns a 30-24 edge in the series after winning both matchups last season. Mount St. Mary's has posted a 19-9 mark against the Knights at home.
- Mount St. Mary's opened Northeast Conference play with a pair of road victories at Central Connecticut and Bryant, as the Mountaineers got off their first 2-0 start in league play since the 2011-12 season. Last time out, the Mountaineers were downed by Sacred Heart by an 82-52 margin at Knott Arena. SHU got off to a hot start, hitting 11-of-14 shots in the opening quarter, and never looked back as the Pioneers held the lead for the remainder of the game. Junior Juliette Lawless tallied a team-high 17 points to lead the Mount in the contest, finishing just one point shy of her career-high set earlier this season against Loyola. Caroline Hummell was the other Mountaineer to finish in double-figures with 14 points.
- Hummell and Lawless are the team's top-two scorers through the opening three conference games. Hummell is averaging 15.3 points per game on 57.6 percent shooting, and Lawless is registering 13.0 points on 61.1 percent shooting.
- With another double-digit scoring performance on Saturday against Sacred Heart, Lawless has now reached double-figures in seven of the last nine contests. The junior is tied for second on the team in games with double-figures, trailing only Katrice Dickson, who has eight such games.
- The Mount ranks among the top-four teams in the conference in scoring (64.1 ppg), free throw pct (.728), field goal pct (.400) and three-point pct (.336). In the team's victory at Bryant on New Years Eve, the Mount shot 47.1 percent from the field, marking the team's second-best shooting performance of the season Mount.
- The Mount's next contest is on Saturday, January 13 at St. Francis Brooklyn. Opening tip is set for 1 p.m.
SCOUTING FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON
- Fairleigh Dickinson enters Monday's contest at 9-5 overall and 1-2 in conference play. The Knights fell to both Robert Morris (77- 68) and Saint Francis U (80-56) on NEC opening weekend, before earning a win over Wagner (74-64) last time out.
- Amina Markovic leads the squad with 12.4 points per game, while Madelynn Comly (11.9) and Lauren Francillon (10.0) are also averaging double-figures. Comly ranks second in the NEC with a .567 shooting percentage.