ABOUT THE MOUNT
* Coppin State used a fourth-quarter surge to pull away from Mount St. Mary's and collect a 68-54 victory on Saturday afternoon. The loss dropped the Mount to 0-3 on the year. Ashlee White and Daly Sullivan led the Mount with 11 points apiece, while Kayla Agentowicz and Jatarrikah Settle chipped in with eight points each. Settle also added team-highs in rebounds (8), assists (4) and steals (3).
* White and Katrice Dickson have led the Mount's offense to start the season, averaging 10.3 and 9.3 points per game, respectively. Both players have logged double-figures in two of the team's three games on the year. White scored 12 in the season opener at Notre Dame on 5-of-9 shooting, and registered 11 last time out on a 5-of-12 mark from the field. Dickson notched 11 points at Notre Dame on 4-of-9 shooting and 2-for-4 from long range, and followed with a team-high 14 at Xavier as she finished just two points shy of her career-high of 16, which she's scored on three occasions, most recently against Saint Francis U in January last season.
* The Stags own a 3-1 advantage in the all-time series against the Mount as the two programs are set to meet for the fourth time in history on Tuesday. Last season, Fairfield topped the Mountaineers by a 70-57 final behind 21 points from Samantha Cooper and 14 apiece from Kelsey Carey and Khadidiatou Diouf. Kathleen Belanger-Finn led the way for the Mount in the contest with a career-high 22 points on 9-of-10 shooting, while Caroline Hummell and Kayla Agentowicz added 10 points each.
* The Mountaineers are coming off a 12-18 overall record in 2016-17 as they reached the NEC playoffs for the sixth straight season. After opening conference play with a 3-6 mark, the Mountaineers won seven of their final nine games to finish the season at 10-8 in league play and secure the No. 5 seed.
* Fairfield is still looking for its first win this season after falling to Richmond (72- 67), William & Mary (57-47) and Northeastern (63-43) to open the campaign.
* Samantha Cooper is averaging a double-double with 14.0 points and 11.7 rebounds per game, while Khadidiatou Diouf (13.0 ppg) and Sam Kramer (10.7) are also averaging double-figures.
* As a team, the Stags are scoring 52.3 points per contest while allowing 64.0 to opponents.
* The Mount heads to Morgan State for a tilt on November 26 at 2 p.m.