Northeast Conference Semifinals
No. 6 MOUNT ST. MARY'S (15-15) at No. 1 QUINNIPIAC (28-2)
Wednesday, March 13, 7:00 p.m.
TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn.
Opening Tip… Sixth-seeded Mount St. Mary's upset third-seeded Monmouth, 59-57, in overtime on Sunday, March 10, in West Long Branch, N.J. to clinch a spot in the Northeast Conference Semifinals.
- The Mountaineers were down by five points in overtime against Monmouth before scoring 10 of the final 13 points of the game to pull off the upset.
- Ashley Christie scored with eight seconds left in overtime in Sunday's game to advance the Mountaineers.
- Second Team All-NEC guard Sydney Henderson led the Mount with a game-high 17 points against Monmouth.
- The Mount is playing in the NEC Semifinals for the first time since the 2000-01 season.
- Quinnipiac has knocked the Mount out of the NEC Tournament twice, including last season in the quarterfinals.
- The Mount is 7-19 all-time against Quinnipiac, including 0-2 in the NEC Tournament. The Bobcats have won the last five meetings.
- The Mount's last win over Quinnipiac was Jan. 30, 2010, by a score of 86-57 at Knott Arena.
- The Mount's last win over Quinnipiac in Hamden, Conn. was Jan. 7, 2010, by a final score of 59-53.
About the Bobcats… Quinnipiac seized the top spot in the NEC Tournament following an 18-0 record in NEC play during the regular season.
- Four different players scored double-digit points in the Bobcats' 79-55 win over eighth-seeded Bryant in the quarterfinals on March 10.
-Brittany McQuain scored 11 points and completed a double-double with a game-high 16 rebounds, including eight on the offensive end.
- Head Coach Tricia Fabbri earned her third NEC Coach of the Year award this season.
Last Time We Met… On Feb. 4, the Bobcats earned a 78-55 win against the Mountaineers at Knott Arena. The Mount held a three-point lead 10 minutes into the game, but the Bobcats stormed back for a nine-point halftime advantage. The Mount was outscored 51-34 over the last 20 minutes of action. Five players scored in double figures for the Bobcats, while Tara Lonergan and Sydney Henderson notched 10 points apiece for the Mount.
Next on Tap… A win against Quinnipiac would send the Mount to the NEC Championship game on Sunday, March 17, at 5 p.m. against the winner of No. 2 Sacred Heart/No. 4 Saint Francis U. The Championship will be aired on ESPNU.