Mount St. Mary's at Monmouth
Sunday, March 10 * 3:00 PM
West Long Branch, N.J. * the MAC
opening tip... Sunday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Monmouth marks the 50th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1977-1978 season.
• The Mount owns a 31-18 advantage in the series, however Monmouth took the last meeting, 71-63 in New Jersey last week.
• The Monmouth is currently on a one game winning streak in the series.
about the hawks... Monmouth comes into the contest 15-14 overall and 12-6 in Northeast Conference play after defeating the Mount, 71-63 in New Jersey on Monday.
• Senior G Alysha Womack paced the Hawks with 17 points. The senior was 6-14 from the field, including 4-4 from the charity stripe. Womack is averaging 14.3 ppg.
• Senior G Carly Thibault added 11 points and three rebounds against the Mountaineers. Thibault was 3-7 from the field in 37 minutes of play.
• Senior F Abigail Martin added 11 points and six rebounds on Monday. She went 4-6 from the field and 3-4 from the free throw line against the Mount.
last time we met... The Monmouth won on Monday, 71-63 in W. Long Branch. Selina Mann paced the Mount with 20 points. Sydney Henderson chipped in 13 points, seven rebounds and three assists. Tara Lonergan added 10 points as well. Alysha Womack paced the Hawks with 17 points and five assists. Monmouth also got double figures from Chevannah Paalvast- 11, Abigail Martin-11, and Carly Thibault- 11.
next on tap... Should the Mount defeat Monmouth, The Mountaineers will compete in the NEC Semifinals, on Wednesday March 13. Time and opponent is to be determined.