Women's Basketball Tangles With Monmouth on Monday in Key Regular Season Finale
Mount St. Mary's at Monmouth
Monday, March 4 * 7:00 PM
West Long Branch, N.J. * The MAC
opening tip... Monday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Monmouth marks the 49th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1977-1978 season.
• The Mount owns a 31-17 advantage in the series, including the last meeting back in January 70-51 in Emmitsburg.
• The Mount is currently on a two game winning streak in the series.
about the hawks... Monmouth comes into the contest 14-14 overall and 11-6 in Northeast Conference play after defeating Wagner, 85-57 in New Jersey on Saturday.
• Senior G Alysha Womack paced the Hawks with 19 points. The sophomore was 6-12 from the field, including 5-6 from the charity stripe. Womack is averaging 14.2 ppg.
• Senior G Carly Thibault added 14 points and eigh rebounds against the Seahawks. Thibault was 5-6 from the field in 28 minutes of play.
• Senior F Abigail Martin added 14 points and two rebounds on Saturday. She went 6-9 from the field and 2-2 from the free throw line against Wagner.
last time we met... The Mount won on January 5, 70-51 in Emmitsburg. Sydney Henderson paced the Mountaineers with 16 points, eight rebounds and four assists. Tara Lonergan added 14 on her birthday. Jacqueline Brewer added nine points and five rebounds in the winning effort
quick hits on fdu game.. The Mount held off the Knights on Saturday in Hackensack 70-62. The Mount took the lead early at the half, 19-18.The Mount outscored the Knights 32-28 in the second half to pull away. The Mount got a 14 point performances by Sydney Henderson to pace the Mountaineers.
• Redshirt Junior Sydney Henderson chipped in 14 points. Henderson also chipped in six rebounds. The redshirt junior is averaging 13.4 points per game along with 6.0 rebounds on the season.
• Junior Ashley Christie also added 10 points, along with one rebound, in the win against FDU. The junior also added one assist in the contest.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer finished with eight points, along with one block and three rebounds in the contest.
next on tap... The Mount will compete in the NEC Championships. The Mount clinched a playoff berth on Monday when they defeated LIU Brooklyn. The NEC Championships begin Sunday, March 10.