Mount St. Marys at Fairleigh Dickinson
Saturday, March 2 * 2:00 PM
Hackensack, N.J. * Rothman Center
opening tip... Saturday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Fairleigh Dickinson marks the 46th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1989-1990 season.
• The Mount owns a 24-21 advantage in the series, however FDU took the last meeting back in January 69-60 in ot in Emmitsburg.
• The series between the two schools has been back and forth of late.
about the knights... FDU comes into the contest 11-16 overall and 6-10 in Northeast Conference play after losing to St. Francis U 100-89 in Pennsylvania on Monday.
• Sophomore C Erika Livermore paced the Knights with 36 points. The sophomore was 15-26 from the field, including 6-9 from the charity stripe. Livermore is averaging 15.7 ppg.
• Junior G Danielle Pankey added 18 points and two rebounds against the Red Flash. Pankey was 5-9 from the field in 31 minutes of play.
• Sophomore G Amanda Andrades added 10 points and six assists on Monday. She went 3-5 from the field and 2-3 from the free throw line against St. Francis U.
last time we met... The Mount lost on January 7, 69-60 in ot in Emmitsburg. Jacqueline Brewer paced the Mount with a career-high 25 points and nine rebounds. Kayla Grossett added 11 points and eight rebounds in the loss off the bench. Erika Livermore had a game-high 33 points and 18 rebounds. Danielle Pankey added 13 points in the winning effort.
quick hits on liu brooklyn game... The Mount held off the Blackbirds on Monday evening in Emmitsburg 51-39. The Mount took the lead early at the half, 19-18.The Mount outscored the Blackbirds 32-22 in the second half to pull away. The Mount got a 10 point performances by Tara Lonergan and Sydney Henderson to pace the Mountaineers.
• Redshirt Junior Sydney Henderson chipped in 10 points. Henderson also chipped in six rebounds. The redshirt junior is averaging 13.3 points per game along with 6.0 rebounds on the season.
• Senior Tara Lonergan also added 10 points, along with two rebounds, in the win against LIU Brooklyn. The senior also added one block and one steal in the contest.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer finished with nine points, along with two assists, one steal and two rebounds in the contest.
• The Mount will head on a two game road trip (Fairleigh Dickinson and Monmouth) to end the regular season.
next on tap... The Mount will travel to Monmouth on Monday, March 4 to wrap up the regular season. The game begins at 7:00 pm.
• The Mount clinched a playoff berth on Monday when they defeated LIU Brooklyn. The NEC Championships begin Sunday, March 10.