Women's Basketball Heads North To Take on Wagner on Tuesday
opening tip... Tuesday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Wagner marks the 49th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1987-1988 season.
• The Mount owns a 33-15 advantage in the series , including a win in January, 73-58.
• Mount St. Mary's has won the last four meetings between the two schools.
about the seahawks... Wagner comes into the contest 2-20 overall and 1-10 in Northeast Conference play after losing to Robert Morris 57-39 in Moon Township on Saturday.
• Senior F Marie-Laurence Archambault paced the Seahawks with 19 points. The senior was 6-13 from the field, including 5-10 from three. Archambault recorded her 1,000th point in the contest.
• Sophomore G Jacqui Thompson added eight points and two rebounds against the Colonials. Thompson was 3-5 from the field in 30 minutes of play.
• Seinor G Veronick Fournier added four points and eight rebounds on Saturday. She went 1-3 from the field and 2-2 from the free throw line against Robert Morris.
last time we met... The Mount got great play from its starting post after Tara Lonergan recorded a career-high 15 points along with seven rebounds and Rachel Mathews notched a career-best 14 points along with six caroms. Jordyn Peck paced the Seahawks with 20 points. Chanez Robinson added 11 points and eight rebounds and Stephanie Blais chipped in 11 points .in the loss
quick hits on st. francis game.. The Mount lost the Red Flash on Saturdayday evening in Loretto, 83-59. The Red Flash took the lead early and never looked back. They used a 21 point performance by Alli Williams to put away the Mount. St. Francis had two players with 10 points.
• Redshirt Junior Sydney Henderson paced the Mount with 12 points. Henderson also chipped in seven rebounds. The redshirt junior is averaging 13.1 points per game along with 6.2 rebounds on the season.
• Junior Jacqueline Brewer added 16 points, along with four rebounds, in the loss against St. Franci. The sophomore is averaging 9.3 points for the season.
• Junior Rachel Mathews finished with 14 points, tying a career high, along with nine rebounds in the contest.
• Mount St. Mary's will finish their two game road trip against Wagner on Tuesday.
• The Mount will head home for four games, before finishing up the season on a New Jersey road trip (Fairleigh Dickinson and Monmouth).
next on tap... The Mount will finish their road trip against Wagner on Tuesday night at Spiro Sports Center.
• The Mount will head home for a four game homestand starting on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. against Central Connecticut State.
• The Mountaineers will have their 40 years of Title IX celebration on Saturday before the start of the game.