opening tip... Saturday's game between Mount St. Mary's and St. Francis Pa. marks the 54th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1988-1989 season.
• The Red Flash own an 27-26 advantage in the series , including a win last season, 59-51.
• Mount St. Mary's last win in the series came all the way back in 2008, when the Mountaineers won 84-72 in Emmitsburg.
about the red flash... St. Francis Pa. comes into the contest 12-9 overall and 7-3 in Northeast Conference play after losing to LIU Brooklyn 61-43 in Brooklyn on Monday.
• Sophomore G Alexa Hayward paced the Red Flash with 11 points. The sophomore was 3-9 from the field, including 1-4 from three. Hayward also went a perfect 4-4 from the charity stripe.
• Junior F Alli Williams added 10 points and 14 rebounds against the Blackbirds. Williams is averaging 18.8 points per game this season along with 11.0 rebounds per game.
• Junior F Shene Fleming added six points and four rebounds on Monday. She went 2-2 from the field and 2-2 from the free throw line against LIU Brooklyn. She is averaging 7.6 points per game this season.
last time we met... Sydney Henderson led the Mount with 12 points in a 59-51 loss on February 2, 2012. Ashley Christie added nine points for the Mount. Selina Mann stuffed the stat line with six points along with six rebounds, five assists and six steals. Alexa Hayward led all scorers with 15 points. Nickia Gibbs added 14 points. pointhree rebounds for the Red Flash and Alli Alli Williams registered 11 points as well in the win.
quick hits on quinnipiac game.. The Mount lost the Bobcats on Monday evening in Emmitsburg, 78-55. The Bobcats used a 17 point performance by Gillian Abshire to put away to put away the Mount. Quinnipiac had four players with 10 points.
• Redshirt Junior Sydney Henderson paced the Mount with 10 points. Henderson also chipped in six rebounds. The redshirt junior is averaging 13.2 points per game along with 6.1 rebounds on the season.
• Junior Kayla Grossett added nine points, along with seven rebounds, in the loss against Quinnipiac. The junior is averaging 7.0 points for the season.
• Senior Selina Mann finished with five assists and one steal, two points, and four rebounds in the contest. She sits at 308 steals and 401 assists in her career.
• Mount St. Mary's finished 1-2 on their three game homestand.
• The Mount will head on the road for a quick two game road trip before heading home for a c
ouple of games.
next on tap... The Mount will start a two game swing at St. Francis Pa. and Wagner.
• The Mount will face Wagner on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
nec hall of fame... Former Mount women's basketball standout and head coach Vanessa Blair has been elected into the Northeast Conference Hall of Fame.
• Blair joins legendary former Mount head coach Jim Phelan and track & field athlete Peter Rono in the NEC Hall of Fame. Phelan and Rono were a part of the inaugural Hall of Fame class in 2011.
• Blair still stands as the Mount's career blocks leader with 242 and ranks seventh in points (1,488), third in rebounds (849), sixth in steals (241), fourth in free throws made (370) and second in free throw attempts (588).
• Blair will receive her NEC Hall of Fame plaque on Feb. 16 during the Mount's doubleheader against Central Connecticut State.
women in sports celebration... Mount St. Mary's will be celebrating Women In Sports Day on Feb. 16.
• Forty-years ago, the Mount admitted women for the first time. It is also the 40th Anniversary of Title IX, but the Mount made the decision to admit women before the legislation was past.
• As part of the celebration, the Mount will honor 40 former Mount female student-athletes for their achievements as athletes and those that have pursued a career in athletics after graduation.
• Mount St. Mary's has invited every former female student-athlete to the day's celebration.