Women's Basketball Concludes Three-Game Homestand Against NEC Leader Quinnipiac on Monday.
opening tip... Monday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Quinnipiac marks the 26th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1986-1987 season.
• Quinnipiac owns an 18-7 advantage in the series , including a win last season, 65-61.
• Mount St. Mary's last win in the series came all the way back in 2010, when the Mountaineers won 86-57 in Emmitsburg.
about the bobcats... Quinnipiac comes into the contest 18-2 overall and a league best 9-0 in Northeast Conference play after defeating Wagner 74-56 at Wagner on Saturday.
• Senior G Felicia Barron paced the Bobcats with 16 points. The senior was 6-11 from the field, including 4-8 from three. Barron poured in 25 points in a 82-73 win over Cent. Conn. St. on Jan. 28.
• Junior G Ellen Cannon added 10 points and three rebounds against Wagner. Cannon scored nine points in a 67-61 loss to Hartford on Dec. 16. Cannon shot 50 percent from the field in the game against Wagner.
• Junior F Brittany McQuain added seven points and seven rebounds on Saturday. She scored a season high 22 points in a 67-60 win over LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 5. She shot 55.6 percent from the field in that game.
last time we met... Sydney Henderson led the Mount with 13 points in a 65-61 loss on March 3, 2012. Kayla Grossett added 10 points for the Mount. Selina Mann chipped nine points along with seven rebounds, eight assists and five steals. Felicia Barron led all scorers with 15 points. Jasmine Martin added 12 points and three rebounds for the Bobcats and Samantha Guastella registered 11 points.
quick hits on sacred heart game.. The Mount lost the Pioneers on Saturday evening in Emmitsburg, 58-50. The game was back and forth until Sacred Heart took the lead for good late in the game.
• Redshirt Junior Sydney Henderson paced the Mount with 16 points. Henderson also lead the Mount with seven rebounds. The redshirt junior is averaging 13.4 points per game along with 6.2 rebounds on the season.
• Junior Kayla Grossett added six points, along with three rebounds, in the loss against Sacred Heart. The junior is averaging 6.9 points for the season.
• Senior Selina Mann stuffed the stat line again, finishing with four assists and one steal, two points, and seven rebounds in the contest. She sits at 307 steals and 399 assists in her career.
• The Pioneers used a 9-2 second half run to take the lead for good.
• Mount St. Mary's is now 1-1 on their three game homestand.
next on tap... The Mount will start a two game road swing at St. Francis Pa. and Wagner.
• The Mount will face the Red Flash on Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
• The Mountaineers will have seven of its last 12 games at Knott Arena.
nec hall of fame... Former Mount women's basketball standout and head coach Vanessa Blair has been elected into the Northeast Conference Hall of Fame.
• Blair joins legendary former Mount head coach Jim Phelan and track & field athlete Peter Rono in the NEC Hall of Fame. Phelan and Rono were a part of the inaugural Hall of Fame class in 2011.
• Blair still stands as the Mount's career blocks leader with 242 and ranks seventh in points (1,488), third in rebounds (849), sixth in steals (241), fourth in free throws made (370) and second in free throw attempts (588).
• Blair will receive her NEC Hall of Fame plaque on Feb. 16 during the Mount's doubleheader against Central Connecticut State.
women in sports celebration... Mount St. Mary's will be celebrating Women In Sports Day on Feb. 16.
• Forty-years ago, the Mount admitted women for the first time. It is also the 40th Anniversary of Title IX, but the Mount made the decision to admit women before the legislation was past.
• As part of the celebration, the Mount will honor 40 former Mount female student-athletes for their achievements as athletes and those that have pursued a career in athletics after graduation.
• Mount St. Mary's has invited every former female student-athlete to the day's celebration.