Women's Basketball Continues Road Trip At Bryant On Saturday
opening tip... Saturday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Bryant marks the sixth meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 2008-09 season.
• The Mount leads the series 4-1, including sweeping the season series last season in the first-ever two-game series between the two programs. Mount St. Mary's downed the Bulldogs 66-61 on Jan. 14, 2012 in Emmitsburg and 71-63 in Smithfield on Feb. 25, 2012 last season.
• Bryant's only win in the series was a 79-76 overtime decision at the Chace Center on Jan. 29, 2011.
• This year will be the first season the Bulldogs are eligible for the NEC Tournament after completing its five-year transition to Division I.
about the bulldogs... Bryant comes into the contest 4-11 overall and 0-4 in the Northeast Conference after falling 78-65 to Yale on Wednesday.
• Junior F Naana Ankoma-Mensa paced the Bulldogs with 22 points and 13 rebounds against Yale. The junior recorded a season-high 25 points in an 81-76 loss to Saint Francis on Jan. 5. Ankoma-Mensa leads the team with 13.2 points and 11.5 rebounds per game.
• Freshman G Tiersa Winder added a career-high 13 points against Yale. The freshman is averaging 3.4 points and 1.4 rebounds per game this season.
• Junior G Courtney Schissler ranks second on the team with 11.6 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. The junior has three 20-point performances this season, including a season-high 25 points in a 68-66 loss to Holy Cross on Dec. 21.
• Senior G Danielle Douglas is third with 8.5 points and 2.3 rebounds per game. Douglas has six double-digit performances this season, including 16 points in an 81-58 victory against Brown on Nov. 28.
last time we met... Kelly Guerriero nailed consecutive 3-pointers in the second half to lift Mount St. Mary's past Bryant 71-63 on Feb. 25, 2012. Guerriero finished the game with a career-high 14 points. Sydney Henderson paced the Mountaineers with 17 points, including going 3 of 4 from the free throw line in the final minute of play. Jessie Kaufman added 14 points while Selina Mann tallied 12 points, eight assists and four steals in the winning effort. Naana Ankoma-Mensa fueled Bryant with 14 points while Meredith Soper posted 12 points and Danielle Douglas chipped in 11 points in the loss.
quick hits on the st. francis brooklyn game... Senior Tara Lonergan scored the decisive basket with 36.1 seconds left to lift Mount St. Mary's past St. Francis Brooklyn 49-45 on Monday.
• Lonergan has now scored double figures in three-straight games and is averaging 13.0 points per game in that stretch. The Mount is 5-0 in the last two seasons when Lonergan reaches 10 points in a contest.
• Junior Jessie Kaufman paced the Mount with 17 points against the Terriers. It was the junior's fifth double-digit performance this season and the first since posting 17 points against Lehigh on Dec. 31. Kaufman connected on five 3-pointers in the game to mark the third time this season she has made at least four treys in a game.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson added six points , nine rebounds, three assists and three steals against St. Francis Brooklyn. Henderson became the 42nd player in team history to score 700 points in her career. The redshirt junior has grabbed at least six rebounds in a game nine times this season.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer added seven points and six rebounds to mark the first time she did not record at least eight points in a game since joining the starting lineup for the last 10 games. She is averaging 12.1 points and 4.3 rebounds per game as a starter.
• Senior Selina Mann registered one steal to move into third place in career steals at the Mount with 288 thefts. With 12 steals, she would become the second player in team history with 300 assists and 300 steals.
• The Mount is now 3-1 in NEC play for the first time since 2005-06. With a win against Bryant the squad would be off to its best start since 1999-00 in league play when the Mount rolled off six-straight wins to start the circuit.
next on tap... Mount St. Mary's is in the midst of a five-game road trip that started last weekend in Brooklyn.
• The Mount will also travel to Central Connecticut State (Jan. 21) and Robert Morris (Jan. 21) to close out the road trip.
• The Mount returns home to host Wagner on Jan. 28, Sacred Heart on Feb. 2 and Quinnipiac on Feb. 4.
• The Mountaineers will be on the road for seven of the next 10 games.
historic road trip... For the first time in program history, the Mount will embark on a five-game Northeast Conference road trip.
• The Mount has traveled for four-straight league games seven times in the circuit. The squad has come back with a winning mark five times, once split the four games and once came back with a losing mark.
• It will be the 13th time in program history the Mountaineers will be on the road for five consecutive games or more.
• The Mount has been on a five-game road trip eight times, a six game road trip once, twice had a seven game road trip and in 2009-10 went on the road for nine-straight contests.
• In road trips of five games or more, Mount St. Mary's has posted a winning mark six times, a losing mark five times and came back with a .500 record on the trip once.
• It marks the first road trip of five games or more since the nine-game trip in 2009-10 and the ninth time in the Division I era.
free throws in the nation... Mount St. Mary's ranks fifth in free throw percentage in the nation through games on Jan. 13.
• The Mount shot 80.4 percent through games on Dec. 20 to rank fourth in the nation, but currently stands in fifth place with 78.9 percent from the charity stripe.
in the league... Mount St. Mary's leads the Northeast Conference in free throw percentage (.788).
• The Mount is also in the top five of the statistics for scoring defense (3rd, 59.7), field goal percentage (4th, 381), 3-point field goal percentage (3rd, .317), 3-point field goal defense (3rd, .297), rebounding defense (4th, 39.4), turnover margin (3rd, +0.87), assist-to-turnover ratio (4th, 0.73) and 3-pointers made (5th, 5.73).
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson ranks second in the circuit in minutes played (36.20), sixth in defensive rebounds (4.68) and seventh in rebounding (6.4).
• Senior Selina Mann is second in the NEC in free throw percentage (.884), fifth in steals (2.67), fifth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.21) and eighth in assists (3.47).
• Junior Jessie Kaufman is sixth in the NEC in blocks (1.07) and eighth in 3-point field goals made (1.80) while sophomore Jacqueline Brewer has joined the Top-10 in fifth place 3-point field goal percentage (.396).
barclays history... Mount St. Mary's and LIU Brooklyn played the first-ever women's basketball game at the Barclays Center on Jan. 12. The Mount downed the Blackbirds 66-41 in the home of the NBA's Brooklyn Nets.
christie on the mend... Junior Ashley Christie has played in the last six games after missing the first nine games on the schedule due to an injury.
• After not recording a basket in her first two games back, the junior posted five points against Monmouth on Jan. 5, eight points against Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 7 and a season-best 10 points against LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 12.
• The junior is averaging 6.5 points and 2.3 rebounds and 23.3 minutes per game in conference play.
• Christie has come off the bench in her six games this season after starting 55 of her first 58 games.
• Christie ranked as one of the squad's Top-3 scorers in her first two seasons, including ranking third with 8.0 points per game as a sophomore.
thoughts on newtown, connecticut... Mount St. Mary's wore green shoelaces for the first time in the tilt against American on Dec. 30 to honor the tragic events that happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14.
• The Mount plans to continue to wear the shoelaces throughout the season.
on the road... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson leads the team with 15.6 points and 6.5 rebounds per game in eight road games this season.
• The redshirt junior has posted her Top-4 scoring performances on the road this season, including a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16 and 27 points and 10 rebounds against Seton Hall on Dec. 16.
• Junior Jessie Kaufman is second on the team with 9.0 points and 2.9 rebounds per game on the road. Kaufman has posted double figures four times this season away from Emmitsburg, including 17 points at St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 14.
• The Mount is 4-4 on the road this season. The squad is averaging 56.4 points per game and shooting .388 away from Emmitsburg this season while allowing 63.0 points per game to the opponents with a .42.0 shooting percentage on the road.
in the last five... Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer leads the team with 13.0 points and 5.2 rebounds in her last five games.
• Brewer has scored nine points or more in four of the five games, including three double-digit performances. The sophomore registered a career-high 25 points and nine rebounds against Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 7.
• Senior Tara Lonergan is averaging 10.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in that stretch. The senior has scored double-figures in each of her last three games, including a career-high 14 points against Monmouth on Jan. 5.
• The Mount is 3-2 in its last five games after winning three of its last four games.
ain't the brew cold... Redshirt sophomore Jacqueline Brewer was averaging 2.6 points and 1.4 rebounds per game in 49 minutes in the first five games of the season.
• Brewer entered the starting lineup for the last nine games and is averaging 12.1 points and 4.3 rebounds per game in that stretch.
• Brewer has scored at least seven points in all 10 starts and has found double figures five times as a starter. The sophomore notched a career-high 25 points and nine rebounds against Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 7.
• Brewer, a transfer from Virginia Commonwealth, sat out last season due to NCAA Division I transfer regulations, but has surpassed her Rams career highs in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in her first two starts in a Mount uniform.
lonergan starting to tear it up... Senior Tara Lonergan has scored double figures in her last three games.
• The senior scored a career-high 14 points on Jan. 5, had 12 points at LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 12 and 10 points against St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 14.
• Lonergan missed the Fairleigh Dickinson game on Jan. 7 due to an injury.
• The senior now has found double figures nine times in her career, but it marked the first time in her career that she has recorded double figures in consecutive games.
• The Mount has won its last five games in the last two years when Lonergan scores double figures.
mountaineers love saturday... Mount St. Mary's has now shot 50 percent from the field in its last two Saturday games.
• After shooting 51.9 percent from the floor against Monmouth on Jan. 5, seven days later the Mountaineers did it again against LIU Brooklyn. The Mount made the identical percentage against the Blackbirds.
• The Mountaineers in both games got hot in the second half after the squad made 65.4 percent of its chances against the Hawks and 57.7 percent against LIU Brooklyn.
• Mount St. Mary's is 3-0 on Saturday and is shooting 46.6 percent from the field on the day. The squad is 3-8 on the other six days of the week and hitting only 35.8 percent of its shots.
fifty shades of shooting... Mount St. Mary's has shot 50 percent in a game twice this season after not hitting the mark since Jan. 30, 2010 against Quinnipiac.
• It was the sixth time the Mount has hit 50 percent from the floor in a game under head coach Bryan Whitten
• The Mount shot 65.4 percent from the field in the second half against the Monmouth on Jan. 5, 57.7 percent against LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 12 and 60.0 percent against St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 14.
• The Mountaineers have shot better than 50 percent in a half 37 times under Whitten and three times this season in league play. The Mount has also shot 60 percent in a half six times under the coach.
•The Mountaineers have shot better than 50 percent 19 times in the first half under Whitten and 18 times in the second half. The squad has hit 50 percent in the first half seven times at home and 12 times on the road while accomplishing the feat five times at home and 13 times on the road in the second half.
• In the six times the Mount has hit 60 percent in a half, it has happened twice in the first half on the road and four times in the second half with twice each at home and on the road.
realignment schedule... Mount St. Mary's now has five opponents on its schedule that will be switching conferences in the near future thanks to the conference realignment shakeup.
• Current Atlantic Coast Conference member Maryland will be headed to the Big Ten while the Big East's Pittsburgh will be going to the ACC.
• Seton Hall recently announced that it will be leaving the Big East with the Catholic Seven and Northeast Conference members Monmouth and Quinnipiac are set to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference next season.
guard up... Mount St. Mary's has been led by its guard play on the boards for the last two seasons.
• Senior Selina Mann paced the Mount with 5.0 rebounds per game last season and is second on the team in caroms with 3.9 rebounds per game this season.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson leads the team with 6.5 rebounds per game and has grabbed at least seven rebounds seven times this season.
• The duo has combined for seven double-doubles in their career and are the only players on the roster to notch the trick.
• The last time a forward had a double-double on the team was Mary Dunn (18 points, 12 rebounds) against Saint Francis (Pa.) on Jan. 10, 2011.
the board story... Mount St. Mary's is 3-0 this season when it has the advantage in rebounds and is 4-8 when the opponent has held the edge.
• The Mount is 25-19 when it holds the advantage off the glass, but 34-77 when the opponents have more rebounds and 2-5 when the teams end tied in boards.
henderson does it again... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson was named the Northeast Conference/Choice Hotels Player of the Week for the week of Dec. 10-16.
• Henderson was instrumental in the Mount's 74-64 victory against Seton Hall after tallying 27 points and 10 rebounds against the Big East program on Sunday. The redshirt junior went 8-for-11 from the floor, 6 of 7 from behind the arc and 5 of 7 from the free throw line in the victory. It was her second double-double of the season and the third of her career.
• It marked the first time a Mount player has won the award twice in the same season since Kia Williams in 2000-01.
the first time henderson was honored... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson was named the Northeast Conference Choice Hotels Co-Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 12-18. It is the redshirt junior's first conference honor.
• Henderson posted a career-high 30 points and scored the game-winning basket with 42 seconds left to lift the Mount past Rider 70-67 on Nov. 16. The redshirt junior shot 9-for-15 from the floor, 6 of 8 from behind the arc and 6 of 7 from the foul line for her 30 points. She stuffed the stat sheet by adding eight rebounds, four steals and three assists in 40 minutes on her way to career highs in points, field goals, 3-point field goals, free throws, steals and minutes played. Henderson scored nine of the Mount's final 16 points to help the Mountaineers to their first win of the season.
first to 30 for henderson... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson notched her first career 30-point performance against Rider on Nov. 16.
• It was the third time under head coach Bryan Whitten a Mount player has posted 30 points in a game. The squad is 3-0 when a player hits 30 points in a contest.
• Henderson became the first Mount player to post 30 points in a game since current assistant coach Brianna Gauthier scored 32 points against Bryant on Mar. 2, 2009. It was also the first time a Mount player scored 30 points on the road since Dominique Mazzuchi had 30 points against Central Connecticut State on Jan. 12, 2008.
• It also marked the first 30-point performance in non-conference play since Myriam Baccouche had 36 points against Radford on Nov. 21, 2003.
• It is the 29th time in Mount Division I history a Mount player scored 30 points in a game and the 13th different player to accomplish the feat.
a career night... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson posted a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16. She established a new career best 10 months to the day after she had a career-high 25 points against Central Connecticut State last season.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer recorded a career-best 25 points and nine rebounds against Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 7.
• Senior Tara Lonergan had a career-high 14 points on her birthday against Monmouth on Jan. 5.
• Sophomore Jenn Carney scored a career-high eight points against Campbell on Nov. 16.
preseason poll… The Mount St. Mary's women's basketball team has been picked seventh in the Northeast Conference (NEC) Preseason Coaches Poll. Quinnipiac picked up seven of the 12 first-place votes to be tabbed as the preseason favorite. The defending NEC regular season and tournament champions Sacred Heart Pioneers nabbed four first-place votes to finish second in the poll while Monmouth secured the final first-place nod to finish third in the poll. Saint Francis (Pa.), Robert Morris, LIU Brooklyn, the Mount, Central Connecticut State, Bryant, Fairleigh Dickinson, St. Francis Brooklyn and Wagner round out the 12-team poll. Bryant, who just completed its five-year transition to Division I, will be eligible for the NEC Tournament for the first time in 2012-13.
in the league... The Mount is 259-151 in Northeast Conference play, including 148-61 at Knott Arena and 111-90 on the road.
aye, aye captain… Senior Selina Mann, redshirt junior Sydney Henderson and junior Ashley Christie have been named team captains for the 2012-13 season.
• Mann was also a team captain last season.
man oh mann, selina... Mount St. Mary's can pretty much count on getting five from senior Selina Mann every game. The only question is will it be five points, five rebounds, five assists or five steals?
• Mann has posted a five spot in one of those categories in 75 of the 99 games.
• The senior has posted a five spot in two of those categories 25 times; 12 times in three categories and eight times in four different categories.
• She has scored five points 52 times in her career, including 18 two-digit performances and a pair of 20-point performances.
• The 5-4 guard has posted five rebounds 34 times in her career, including four 10-board performances.
• Mann has dished out five assists 33 times in her career, including a career-high 10 assists against Wagner on Feb. 11, 2012.
• The senior has registered five steals in a game 18 times in her career, including establishing a new program record with 11 steals against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 18, 2012.
• Mann leads the team with four double-doubles. She has two points-rebounds tricks, one points-steals and one rebounds-assists double-double. She is only the third player in Mount Division I history with a double-double that includes steals. The junior recorded 10 points and 10 rebounds against American on Nov. 18.
• The senior is only the second player in team history to record a 10 spot in points, rebounds, assists or steals in a game in her career. Kim Rhock is the only other player to accomplish this feat.
mann making a move in the record book… Senior Selina Mann is making a move in the Mount's career record book.
• The senior ranks third in career steals with 288 thefts. She can become the third player in team history with 300 steals with 12 more thefts, but she will probably end her career in third place after needing 72 steals to move into second place. Mann will leave the Mount as the Division I leader in steals in team history.
• Mann has moved up three spots since the start of the season in assists and now sits in seventh place with 382 helpers. She can jump to sixth with 10 helpers.
• With 12 steals, Mann would become just the second player in team history with 300 assists and 300 steals.
• She will also have a chance to break the Top-10 in career games played. She comes into the contest with 99 games played and needs five games played to crack the Top-10.
sydney on the rise and not down under... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson has scored double figures in 23 of her last 43 games.
• Henderson is averaging 13.1 points per game in that stretch and has registered 18 points or more nine times in that span.
• She has four 20-point games and a 30-point performance in that stretch.
• Henderson posted a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16.
• The redshirt junior has three career double-doubles, including 13 points and 12 rebounds against UMES on Dec. 5 and 27 points and 10 rebounds against Seton Hall on Dec. 16.. She now has four 10+ rebounds games to her credit.
• Henderson has posted double figures 31 times in her career, including four 20-point performances and one 30-point game.
no cough for kaufman... Junior Jessie Kaufman has started the last 23 of the last 25 games and is averaging 10.9 points per game in that stretch.
• Kaufman registered at least nine points in 16 of those games, including 14 double-digit performances in that span.
• Kaufman notched a career-high 25 points against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb 18, 2012.
• She has posted double figures 21 times in her career, including two 20-point performances.
• Kaufman recorded a career-best 10 rebounds against Navy on Dec. 8.
all-conference returning… Senior Selina Mann was named to the All-Northeast Conference second team as a junior.
• Mann paced the Mount in rebounding (4.9 rpg.), assists (139) and steals (114) while averaging 6.0 points per game.
• In league play, she ranked second in steals (3.93 spg.), third in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.60), fourth in assists (4.79 apg.), 10th in minute played (32.72) and 12th in free throw percentage (.761) in the NEC. In addition, Mann ranks third in the nation in steals.
home sweet home... In its 26th season at Knott Arena, Mount St. Mary's has posted a 221-111 overall mark, including 76-48 in non-conference play and 145-63 in league play since moving across Route 15 from Memorial Gym.
a new year, a new start... In January, the Mount is 224-101 and 139-93 since switching to Division I.
• The Mountaineers are 71-36 at home and 68-47 on the road since switching to Division I.
• The Mount is 16-34 under head coach Bryan Whitten in the month.
• Mount St. Mary's is 8-16 at home and 8-18 on the road in the month under Whitten.
hearing your name called at the start... Head coach Bryan Whitten has only had 22 players start in his six-year tenure at the Mount.
• Senior Selina Mann has started 72 of the 99 games that she has played, but has been in the starting lineup for 69 of the last 71 games.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson started 54 of the 71 games she has played.
• Junior Ashley Christie has started 55 of 64 games in her collegiate career.
• Junior Rachel Mathews has started 34 games in her career while fellow junior Jessie Kaufman has been in the starting lineup 33 times.
• Senior Tara Lonergan has started 22 games in her career.
• Junior Kayla Grossett has started nine games in her career and sophomore Jenn Carney earned her first career start against Maryland in the season opener on Nov. 9 and started the first three games this season.
• Redshirt sophomore Jacqueline Brewer joined the starting lineup when she started against UMES on Dec. 5 and has started the last 10 games.
• Freshman Jody Chickey made her first collegiate start against Lehigh on Jan. 2.
let's play to 60 points... Mount St. Mary's is most successful under head coach Bryan Whitten when it scores 60 points in a game or holds the opponent under that total.
• The Mount is 37-26 when it scores 60 points in a game, but 24-74 when it does not reach 60 points.
• Defensively, the Mountaineers are 45-32 when the opponents are held under 60 points and 15-69 when the opponent reaches 60 points.
three keys to whitten success... The Mount is most successful under head coach Bryan Whitten when the squad leads at halftime, in rebounding or keeps the opponent under 60 points.
• The Mount is 44-17 when he holds the lead at halftime, 4-3 when the game is tied, but just 14-81 when trailing at the break.
• The squad is 25-19 when it holds a rebounding edge in a game, but just 34-77 when the opponent has the advantage and 2-5 when the two teams have equal boards.
• Mount St. Mary's is 45-32 when it holds opponents under 60 points.
hitting 20 points in a game... Senior Selina Mann, redshirt junior Sydney Henderson, juniors Ashley Christie, Kayla Grossett and Jessie Kaufman and sophomore Jacqueline Brewer have each recorded a 20-point game in their career.
• Henderson has six 20-point performances and a 30-point game in her career, including a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16, 2012. The redshirt junior has recorded 20 or more points three times this season.
• Kaufman has a pair of 20-point games in her career, including 24 points this season against Campbell on Nov. 19. She notched a career-high 25 against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 18, 2012.
• Mann has scored 20 points twice in her career, including 20 points against UMES on Dec. 5.
• Brewer was the latest to join the club with her 25-point performance against Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 7.
• Grossett registered a career-best 21 points against Quinnipiac on Jan. 30, 2012.
• Christie posted a career-high 21 points against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 5, 2011.
• The Mount has registered 29 20-point performances and three 30-point games under head coach Bryan Whitten. The squad is 15-14 when a player reaches 20 points and 3-0 when a player scores 30 in a contest.
new to the mountain... Head coach Bryan Whitten added two players to his 2012-13 team. Freshmen Jody Chickey and Jayla Leftwich joined the team this season.
• In addition, after sitting out last season sophomore Jacqueline Brewer will be eligible to play this year. Brewer played at Virginia Commonwealth in 2010-11 as a freshman.
northeast conference history... Mount St. Mary's has made the Northeast Conference Tournament in 21 of the 23 years since the Mount joined the circuit.
• Mount St. Mary's is 17-18 in the NEC Tournament.
• The Mountaineers have not won a tournament game since a 50-45 win against Sacred Heart on Mar. 4, 2001.
• Mount St. Mary's won tournaments in 1992-93, 1993-94 and 1994-95, including earning the league's first two NCAA Division I bids.
the underlining whit... Head coach Bryan Whitten is in his sixth season at the Mount. The Mount is 61-101 overall under Whitten. He is 281-204 in 18 seasons at a head coach at King's College and the Mount.
• The Mount is 31-43 overall at Knott Arena and 22-26 in NEC play under Whitten.
• The Mountaineers on the road are 30-58 overall mark away from Emmitsburg and 16-30 in league play.
• Whitten picked up his first Mount win with a 55-51 decision at Lafayette on Nov. 17, 2007 and earned his 25th career in at Lafayette on Nov. 30, 2009.
• Whitten earned his 250th win of his career against Quinnipiac on Jan. 30, 2010.
in the non-conference slate... Mount St. Mary's is 83-128 in non-conference games since joining the Northeast Conference in 1989-90.
foreign flavor... Mount St. Mary's has one international players on the roster in 2012-13.
• Junior Kayla Grossett (Canada) is the fifth international player at the Mount.
• Grossett follows Katie Walton (Canada, 1998-02), Dita Krumberga (Latvia, 2004-07), Leah Westbrooks (Ireland, 2007-11) and Sandra Andresson (Estonia, 2008-12).
new additions to the coaching staff... Head coach Bryan Whitten added Josh Keys and Brian Martin to his coaching staff for the 2012-13 season.
• Keys, a 2007 graduate of Liberty, comes to the Mount after spending one season at Stetson last season.
• Martin, a 1994 graduate of West Virginia, begins his first season as Director of Basketball Operations after serving as an assistant coach at Hood College last season.