opening tip... Monday's game between Mount St. Mary's and Fairleigh Dickinson marks the 45th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1989-90 season.
• The Mount leads the series 24-20, including a 62-51 victory against the Knights in the last meeting on Feb. 18, 2012.
• The home team has won the last six meetings in the series.
• Fairleigh Dickinson downed the Mount 63-58 on Jan. 7, 2012 for its last win in the series.
about the knights... Fairleigh Dickinson comes into the contest 6-6 overall and 1-0 in Northeast Conference play after defeating Wagner 66-58 on Saturday.
• After starting the season 1-5, the Knights have won five of their last six, including two straight.
• Junior G Danielle Pankey paced Fairleigh Dickinson with 28 points and 10 rebounds against the Seahawks. The junior has posted double figures in her each of her last eight games, including 19 points in 54-41 win against Binghamton. Pankey leads the team with 16.2 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
• Sophomore C Erika Livermore added 15 points and 17 rebounds on Saturday. Livermore has scored double figures in 10 of the 12 games this season and recorded 12 points and 11 rebounds against the Bearcats. The sophomore is second on the squad with 12.8 points and 11.3 rebounds per game.
• Sophomore G Stephanie Isaacs added 11 points against Wagner. It was the fourth time this season Isaacs has posted 11 points in a game. The sophomore is averaging 4.8 points and 1.0 rebounds per game.
last time we met... Jessie Kaufman scored a career-high 25 points to lead Mount St. Mary's past Fairleigh Dickinson 62-51 on Feb. 18, 2012. Selina Mann broke the program record for steals in a single-game with 11 thefts. Sydney Henderson notched her first career double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds. The junior also had four steals and three assists. Rachel Mathews chipped in eight points. Mariyah Laury had 13 points for the Knights while Erika Livermore registered 13 points and 11 rebounds.
starting 1-0 for the second-straight season... Mount St. Mary's won its NEC opener for the second-straight season after defeating Monmouth 70-51 on Saturday.
• The Mount has opened 1-0 in the circuit for the 16th time in program history. Each time the squad won its opening league game, it went on to the participate in the NEC Tournament.
• The Mountaineers are looking to start the circuit 2-0 for the second-straight season. In 2011-12, the Mount downed LIU Brooklyn and St. Francis Brooklyn in the opening conference weekend.
• The Mount has opened up the league slate with two wins 12 times in team history. Mount St. Mary's has started league play 2-0 only three times since the 2001-02 campaign.
• When the squad opens the season 2-0, the Mount has won the NEC regular season six times.
quick hits on the monmouth game... Mount St. Mary's shot 50 percent in a game for the first time since 2010 to down Monmouth 70-51 in the NEC opener on Saturday.
• The Mountaineers shot 65.4 percent in the second half after connecting on 17 of 26 shot attempts in the stanza. It was the fifth time underhead coach Bryan Whitten the Mount shot over 60 percent in a half and the first since it went 12 of 20 (60 percent) at LIU Brooklyn in the first half on Jan. 21, 2012.
• Mount St. Mary's also shot 51.9 percent for the game after going 27 of 52 from the floor. It was the fifth time under Whitten the Mountaineers have shot 50 percent in a game and the first since posting 50.8 percent (30 of 58) against Quinnipiac on Jan. 30, 2010.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson paced the Mount with 16 points and eight rebounds. After being held to single digits in her last three games, Henderson notched her seventh double-digit performance this season. The redshirt junior has also recorded at least six rebounds in eight contests this year. Henderson averaged 14.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in the opening NEC weekend in 2011-12.
•Senior Tara Lonergan added a career-high 14 points against Monmouth on her birthday. It was her seventh career 10+ performance of her career and the first of the season.
next on tap... Mount St. Mary's begins a five-game road trip starting on Saturday at LIU Brooklyn in the Barclays Center on Saturday.
• The Mount will also travel to Saint Francis Brooklyn (Jan. 14), Central Connecticut State (Jan. 19), Bryant (Jan. 21) and Robert Morris (Jan. 21).
• The Mount returns home to host Wagner on Jan. 28, Sacred Heart on Feb. 2 and Quinnipiac on Feb. 4.
• After Monday's game against Fairleigh Dickinson, the Mountaineers will be on the road for seven of the next 10 games.
hot shooting mountaineers... Mount St. Mary's shot 51.9 percent from the floor against Monmouth on Jan. 5. The squad hit 27 of 52 shots on the day.
• It was the fifth time the Mount has hit 50 percent from the floor in a game under head coach Bryan Whitten and the first since the squad made 30 of 58 shots (50.8 percent) against Quinnipiac on Jan. 30, 2010.
• The Mount shot 65.4 percent from the field in the second half against the Hawks after making 17 of 26 attempts.
• It was the 35th time under Whitten the Mount has shot better than 50 percent in a half and the fifth time it has made more than 60 percent of its shots in a stanza.
•The Mountaineers have shot better than 50 percent 18 times in the first half under Whitten and 17 times in the second half. The squad has hit 50 percent in the first half seven times at home and 11 times on the road while accomplishing the feat five times at home and 12 times on the road in the second half.
• In the five times the Mount has hit 60 percent in a half, it has happened once in the first half on the road and four times in the second half with twice each at home and on the road.
• The last time the Mount hit 60 percent in a half was when the team hit 12 of 20 shots in the first half at LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 21, 2012.
in a garden state of mind... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson is averaging 16.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in 10 career games against the state of New Jersey.
• She has reached double figures in nine of the 10 games against the Garden State and has recorded eight or more rebounds in six of those contests.
• Henderson is averaging 18.8 points and 5.7 rebounds per game in seven games in the state of New Jersey, including 28.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game this season in the Garden State.
• She has posted double figures in points in all seven games played in the state of New Jersey.
thoughts on newtown, connecticut... Mount St. Mary's wore green shoelaces for the first time in the tilt against American on Dec. 30 to honor the tragic events that happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14.
• The Mount plans to continue to wear the shoelaces throughout the season.
free throws in the nation... Mount St. Mary's ranks sixth in free throw percentage in the nation through games on Jan. 3.
• The Mount shot 80.4 percent through games on Dec. 20 to rank fourth in the nation, but currently stands in sixth place with 78.8 percent from the charity stripe.
christie on the mend... Junior Ashley Christie has played in the last three games after missing the first nine games on the schedule due to an injury.
• Christie notched five points against Monmouth on Jan. 5 for her first points of the season.
• Christie has come off the bench in her three games this season after starting 55 of her first 58 games.
• Christie ranked as one of the squad's Top-3 scorers in her first two seasons, including ranking third with 8.0 points per game as a sophomore.
in the league... Mount St. Mary's leads the Northeast Conference in free throw percentage (.782).
• The Mount is also in the top five of the statistics for 3-point field goal percentage (3rd, .309), scoring defense (4th, 61.7), rebounding defense (4th, 39.3) , turnover margin (5th, +0.33), assist-to-turnover ratio (5th, 0.71), field goal percentage (5th, .378) and 3-point field goals made (5th, 5.67).
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson ranks second in the circuit with minutes played (37.42), fifth in 3-point field goals made (1.83), sixth in defensive rebounds (4.92), seventh in rebounding (6.7), eighth in scoring (13.8) and ninth in free throw percentage (.737).
• Senior Selina Mann is second in the NEC in free throw percentage (.878), fifth in steals (3.08), sixth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.03) and ninth in assists (3.25).
• Junior Jessie Kaufman is sixth in the NEC in blocks (1.17), eighth in 3-point field goal percentage (.379) and ninth in 3-point field goals made (1.83).
at the knott... Junior Jessie Kaufman leads the team with 11.0 points and 5.0 rebounds per game at Knott Arena.
• Kaufman notched a season-high 24 points against Campbell on Nov. 19 and a career-high 10 rebounds against Navy on Dec. 8. The junior has recorded double figures in points three times and also has eight or more rebounds in two home games this year.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer ranks second on the team at home with 10.5 points and 3.3 rebounds per game. Brewer has recorded double digits in three of her last four home games after recording a career-high 16 points against Navy on Dec. 8, 15 points against American on Dec. 30 and 13 points against Lehigh on Jan. 2.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson is almost averaging double figures at 9.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game at Knott Arena this season. Henderson has posted double figures three times at home, including 16 points against Monmouth on Jan. 5.
• The Mount is 3-3 at home this season. The squad is averaging 56.0 points per game and shooting .390 at home this season while allowing 53.7 points per game to the opponents with a .340 shooting percentage at home.
in the last five... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson is averaging 12.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game in her last five games. Henderson has reached double-figures twice of her last five games, including 27 points at Seton Hall on Dec. 16.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer is averaging 10.8 points and 3.0 rebounds while junior Jessie Kaufman is averaging 10.4 points and 3.3 rebounds in their last five games.
• Brewer has two double figure games in that span, both at Knott Arena after posting 15 points against American on Dec. 30 and 13 points against Lehigh on Jan. 2.
• Kaufman has three double-dit games in her last five games, including 17 points against the Mountain Hawks and 16 points at Seton Hall.
• The Mount is 2-3 in its last five games and ended a three-game losing streak with a 70-51 win against Monmouth on Jan. 5.
henderson does it again... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson was named the Northeast Conference/Choice Hotels Player of the Week for the week of Dec. 10-16.
• Henderson was instrumental in the Mount's 74-64 victory against Seton Hall after tallying 27 points and 10 rebounds against the Big East program on Sunday. The redshirt junior went 8-for-11 from the floor, 6 of 7 from behind the arc and 5 of 7 from the free throw line in the victory. It was her second double-double of the season and the third of her career.
• It marked the first time a Mount player has won the award twice in the same season since Kia Williams in 2000-01.
realignment schedule... Mount St. Mary's now has five opponents on its schedule that will be switching conferences in the near future thanks to the conference realignment shakeup.
• Current Atlantic Coast Conference member Maryland will be headed to the Big Ten while the Big East's Pittsburgh will be going to the ACC.
• Seton Hall recently announced that it will be leaving the Big East with the Catholic Seven and Northeast Conference members Monmouth and Quinnipiac are set to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference next season.
guard up... Mount St. Mary's has been led by its guard play on the boards for the last two seasons.
• Senior Selina Mann paced the Mount with 5.0 rebounds per game last season and is second on the team in caroms with 4.5 rebounds per game this season.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson leads the team with 6.7 rebounds per game and has grabbed at least seven rebounds six times this season.
• The duo has combined for seven double-doubles in their career and are the only players on the roster to notch the trick.
• The last time a forward had a double-double on the team was Mary Dunn (18 points, 12 rebounds) against Saint Francis (Pa.) on Jan. 10, 2011.
ain't the brew cold... Redshirt sophomore Jacqueline Brewer was averaging 2.6 points and 1.4 rebounds per game in 49 minutes in the first five games of the season.
• Brewer entered the starting lineup for the last seven games and is averaging 11.1 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in that stretch.
• Brewer has scored at least eight points in all seven starts, including a career-high 16 points against Navy on Dec. 8 and 15 points against American on Dec. 30.
• Brewer, a transfer from Virginia Commonwealth, sat out last season due to NCAA Division I transfer regulations, but has surpassed her Rams career highs in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in her first two starts in a Mount uniform.
barclays history... The Mount's game at LIU Brooklyn has been moved to the brand new Barclays Center on Jan. 12. The game has been moved to a 12 p.m. start time.
• It will be the first women's basketball game ever played at the NBA home of the Brooklyn Nets.
looking to a lead at the break... Mount St. Mary's has only held the lead or gone into halftime tied four times this season and has trailed at the break in the other eight contests.
• The Mount held the advantage going into the locker room was a 37-30 edge against Seton Hall on Dec. 16, a 25-22 edge against American on Dec. 30 and a 30-22 lead against Monmouth on Jan. 5.
• The squad was even against UMES on Dec. 5.
• Mount St. Mary's is 3-1 when it is either tied or has the lead at halftime and 2-6 this season when it trails at the break.
• The Mountaineers trailed by three points against Navy on Dec. 8 and by four points or more in the other seven contests.
• Mount St. Mary's is 41-17 when it leads at halftime under head coach Bryan Whitten, 14-80 when it trails at the break and 4-3 when the teams go into the locker room tied.
the board story... Mount St. Mary's is 3-0 this season when it has the advantage in rebounds and is 2-7 when the opponent has held the edge.
• The Mount is 25-19 when it holds the advantage off the glass, but 32-76 when the opponents have more rebounds and 2-5 when the teams end tied in boards.
the first time henderson was honored... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson was named the Northeast Conference Choice Hotels Co-Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 12-18. It is the redshirt junior's first conference honor.
• Henderson posted a career-high 30 points and scored the game-winning basket with 42 seconds left to lift the Mount past Rider 70-67 on Nov. 16. The redshirt junior shot 9-for-15 from the floor, 6 of 8 from behind the arc and 6 of 7 from the foul line for her 30 points. She stuffed the stat sheet by adding eight rebounds, four steals and three assists in 40 minutes on her way to career highs in points, field goals, 3-point field goals, free throws, steals and minutes played. Henderson scored nine of the Mount's final 16 points to help the Mountaineers to their first win of the season.
first to 30 for henderson... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson notched her first career 30-point performance against Rider on Nov. 16.
• It was the third time under head coach Bryan Whitten a Mount player has posted 30 points in a game. The squad is 3-0 when a player hits 30 points in a contest.
• Henderson became the first Mount player to post 30 points in a game since current assistant coach Brianna Gauthier scored 32 points against Bryant on Mar. 2, 2009. It was also the first time a Mount player scored 30 points on the road since Dominique Mazzuchi had 30 points against Central Connecticut State on Jan. 12, 2008.
• It also marked the first 30-point performance in non-conference play since Myriam Baccouche had 36 points against Radford on Nov. 21, 2003.
• It is the 29th time in Mount Division I history a Mount player scored 30 points in a game and the 13th different player to accomplish the feat.
a career night... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson posted a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16. She established a new career best 10 months to the day after she had a career-high 25 points against Central Connecticut State last season.
• Sophomore Jenn Carney scored a career-high eight points against Campbell on Nov. 16.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer recorded a career-best 16 points against Navy on Dec. 8.
• Senior Tara Lonergan had a career-high 14 points on her birthday against Monmouth on Jan. 5.
preseason poll… The Mount St. Mary's women's basketball team has been picked seventh in the Northeast Conference (NEC) Preseason Coaches Poll. Quinnipiac picked up seven of the 12 first-place votes to be tabbed as the preseason favorite. The defending NEC regular season and tournament champions Sacred Heart Pioneers nabbed four first-place votes to finish second in the poll while Monmouth secured the final first-place nod to finish third in the poll. Saint Francis (Pa.), Robert Morris, LIU Brooklyn, the Mount, Central Connecticut State, Bryant, Fairleigh Dickinson, St. Francis Brooklyn and Wagner round out the 12-team poll. Bryant, who just completed its five-year transition to Division I, will be eligible for the NEC Tournament for the first time in 2012-13.
in the league... The Mount is 257-150 in Northeast Conference play, including 148-60 at Knott Arena and 109-90 on the road.
aye, aye captain… Senior Selina Mann, redshirt junior Sydney Henderson and junior Ashley Christie have been named team captains for the 2012-13 season.
• Mann was also a team captain last season.
man oh mann, selina... Mount St. Mary's can pretty much count on getting five from senior Selina Mann every game. The only question is will it be five points, five rebounds, five assists or five steals?
• Mann has posted a five spot in one of those categories in 74 of the 96 games.
• The senior has posted a five spot in two of those categories 24 times; 12 times in three categories and eight times in four different categories.
• She has scored five points 51 times in her career, including 18 two-digit performances and a pair of 20-point performances.
• The 5-4 guard has posted five rebounds 34 times in her career, including four 10-board performances.
• Mann has dished out five assists 32 times in her career including a career-high 10 assists against Wagner on Feb. 11, 2012.
• The senior has registered five steals in a game 18 times in her career, including establishing a new program record with 11 steals against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 18, 2012.
• Mann leads the team with four double-doubles. She has two points-rebounds tricks, one points-steals and one rebounds-assists double-double. She is only the third player in Mount Division I history with a double-double that includes steals. The junior recorded 10 points and 10 rebounds against American on Nov. 18.
• The senior is only the second player in team history to record a 10 spot in points, rebounds, assists or steals in a game in her career. Kim Rhock is the only other player to accomplish this feat.
mann making a move in the record book… Senior Selina Mann is making a move in the Mount's career record book.
• The senior ranks fourth in career steals with 285 thefts. She needs three steals to move into third place on the all-time list.
• Mann has moved up two spots since the start of the season in assists and now sits in eighth place with 359 helpers. She can jump to seventh with four helpers.
• With 15 steals, Mann would become just the second player in team history with 300 assists and 300 steals.
• She will also have a chance to break the Top-10 in career games played. She comes into the contest with 96 games played and needs eight games played to crack the Top-10.
sydney on the rise and not down under... Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson has scored double figures in 22 of her last 40 games.
• Henderson is averaging 13.6 points per game in that stretch and has registered 18 points or more nine times in that span.
• She has four 20-point games and a 30-point performance in that stretch.
• Henderson posted a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16.
• The redshirt junior has three career double-doubles, including 13 points and 12 rebounds against UMES on Dec. 5 and 27 points and 10 rebounds against Seton Hall on Dec. 16.. She now has four 10+ rebounds games to her credit.
• Henderson has posted double figures 30 times in her career, including four 20-point performances and one 30-point game.
no cough for kaufman... Junior Jessie Kaufman has started the last 20 of the last 22 games and is averaging 11.3 points per game in that stretch.
• Kaufman registered at least nine points in 15 of those games, including 13 double-digit performances in that span.
• Kaufman notched a career-high 25 points against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb 18, 2012.
• She has posted double figures 20 times in her career, including two 20-point performances.
• Kaufman recorded a career-best 10 rebounds against Navy on Dec. 8.
all-conference returning… Senior Selina Mann was named to the All-Northeast Conference second team as a junior.
• Mann paced the Mount in rebounding (4.9 rpg.), assists (139) and steals (114) while averaging 6.0 points per game.
• In league play, she ranked second in steals (3.93 spg.), third in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.60), fourth in assists (4.79 apg.), 10th in minute played (32.72) and 12th in free throw percentage (.761) in the NEC. In addition, Mann ranks third in the nation in steals.
home sweet home... In its 26th season at Knott Arena, Mount St. Mary's has posted a 221-110 overall mark, including 76-46 in non-conference play and 145-63 in league play since moving across Route 15 from Memorial Gym.
a new year, a new start... In January, the Mount is 222-100 and 137-92 since switching to Division I.
• The Mountaineers are 71-35 at home and 66-47 on the road since switching to Division I.
• The Mount is 14-33 under head coach Bryan Whitten in the month.
• Mount St. Mary's is 8-15 at home and 6-18 on the road in the month under Whitten.
hearing your name called at the start... Head coach Bryan Whitten has only had 22 players start in his six-year tenure at the Mount.
• Senior Selina Mann has started 69 of the 96 games that she has played, but has been in the starting lineup for 67 of the last 69 games.
• Redshirt junior Sydney Henderson started 51 of the 68 games she has played.
• Junior Ashley Christie has started 55 of 61 games in her collegiate career.
• Junior Rachel Mathews has started 31 games in her career while fellow junior Jessie Kaufman has been in the starting lineup 30 times.
• Senior Tara Lonergan has started 21 games in her career.
• Junior Kayla Grossett has started nine games in her career and sophomore Jenn Carney earned her first career start against Maryland in the season opener on Nov. 9 and started the first three games this season.
• Redshirt sophomore Jacqueline Brewer joined the starting lineup when she started against UMES on Dec. 5 and has started the last seven games.
• Freshman Jody Chickey made her first collegiate start against Lehigh on Jan. 2.
let's play to 60 points... Mount St. Mary's is most successful under head coach Bryan Whitten when it scores 60 points in a game or holds the opponent under that total.
• The Mount is 36-25 when it scores 60 points in a game, but 23-74 when it does not reach 60 points.
• Defensively, the Mountaineers are 43-32 when the opponents are held under 60 points and 15-68 when the opponent reaches 60 points.
three keys to whitten success... The Mount is most successful under head coach Bryan Whitten when the squad leads at halftime, in rebounding or keeps the opponent under 60 points.
• The Mount is 41-17 when he holds the lead at halftime, 4-3 when the game is tied, but just 14-80 when trailing at the break.
• The squad is 25-19 when it holds a rebounding edge in a game, but just 32-76 when the opponent has the advantage and 2-5 when the two teams have equal boards.
• Mount St. Mary's is 43-32 when it holds opponents under 60 points.
hitting 20 points in a game... Senior Selina Mann, redshirt junior Sydney Henderson and juniors Ashley Christie, Kayla Grossett and Jessie Kaufman have each recorded a 20-point game in their career.
• Henderson has six 20-point performances and a 30-point game in her career, including a career-high 30 points against Rider on Nov. 16, 2012. The redshirt junior has recorded 20 or more points three times this season.
• Kaufman has a pair of 20-point games in her career, including 24 points this season against Campbell on Nov. 19. She notched a career-high 25 against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 18, 2012.
• Mann has scored 20 points twice in her career, including 20 points against UMES on Dec. 5.
• Grossett registered a career-best 21 points against Quinnipiac on Jan. 30, 2012.
• Christie posted a career-high 21 points against Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 5, 2011.
• The Mount has registered 28 20-point performances and three 30-point games under head coach Bryan Whitten. The squad is 15-13 when a player reaches 20 points and 3-0 when a player scores 30 in a contest.
new to the mountain... Head coach Bryan Whitten added two players to his 2012-13 team. Freshmen Jody Chickey and Jayla Leftwich joined the team this season.
• In addition, after sitting out last season red shirt sophomore Jacqueline Brewer will be eligible to play this year. Brewer played at Virginia Commonwealth in 2010-11 as a freshman.
northeast conference history... Mount St. Mary's has made the Northeast Conference Tournament in 21 of the 23 years since the Mount joined the circuit.
• Mount St. Mary's is 17-18 in the NEC Tournament.
• The Mountaineers have not won a tournament game since a 50-45 win against Sacred Heart on Mar. 4, 2001.
• Mount St. Mary's won tournaments in 1992-93, 1993-94 and 1994-95, including earning the league's first two NCAA Division I bids.
the underlining whit... Head coach Bryan Whitten is in his sixth season at the Mount. The Mount is 59-100 overall under Whitten. He is 279-203 in 18 seasons at a head coach at King's College and the Mount.
• The Mount is 31-42 overall at Knott Arena and 22-25 in NEC play under Whitten.
• The Mountaineers on the road are 28-58 overall mark away from Emmitsburg and 14-30 in league play.
• Whitten picked up his first Mount win with a 55-51 decision at Lafayette on Nov. 17, 2007 and earned his 25th career in at Lafayette on Nov. 30, 2009.
• Whitten earned his 250th win of his career against Quinnipiac on Jan. 30, 2010.
in the non-conference slate... Mount St. Mary's is 83-128 in non-conference games since joining the Northeast Conference in 1989-90.
foreign flavor... Mount St. Mary's has one international players on the roster in 2012-13.
• Junior Kayla Grossett (Canada) is the fifth international player at the Mount.
• Grossett follows Katie Walton (Canada, 1998-02), Dita Krumberga (Latvia, 2004-07), Leah Westbrooks (Ireland, 2007-11) and Sandra Andresson (Estonia, 2008-12).
new additions to the coaching staff... Head coach Bryan Whitten added Josh Keys and Brian Martin to his coaching staff for the 2012-13 season.
• Keys, a 2007 graduate of Liberty, comes to the Mount after spending one season at Stetson last season.
• Martin, a 1994 graduate of West Virginia, begins his first season as Director of Basketball Operations after serving as an assistant coach at Hood College last season.