Annapolis, Md. (February 4, 2018) - Mount St. Mary's men's tennis topped by Bryant, 5-2, Sunday afternoon.
The Mount recorded the early point advantage from doubles action by winning the first and third flights. Brandon Wortkotter and Jackson Wood blanked the Bryant duo of Matt Kuhar and Artur Jakubowski 6-0 in the number one flight. The freshman pairing of Parth Sharma and Evan Hine edged Nick Lamart and Michael Plutt from Bryant 6-4 in the number three flight.
Bryant dominated singles action by winning five of the sixth flights to secure the match win. The Mountaineer's Sharma notched the only singles victory for the Mount by defeating Wilson Dong 3-6, 6-4, 10-8 in the third flight. The Bulldogs advanced to 3-8 on the season and the Mount falls to 0-2.
Mount St. Mary's return to action Saturday, February 10, when they take on Navy (10 AM) and Temple (5 PM) at Annapolis, Md. (Navy).
Bryant 5, Mt. St. Mary's 2
1. Brandon Wortkotter/Jackson Wood (MSM) def. Matt Kuhar/Artur Jakubowski (Bryant) 6-0
2. Luke Lorenz/Grant Pertile (Bryant) def. Jean Armstrong/Gabriel Santos (MSM) 7-5
3. Parth Sharma/Evan Hine (MSM) def. Nick Lamart/Michael Plutt (Bryant) 6-4
1. Matt Kuhar (Bryant) def. Brandon Wortkotter (MSM) 6-3, 6-0
2. Luke Lorenz (Bryant) def. Jackson Wood (MSM) 6-1, 6-2
3. Parth Sharma (MSM) def. Wilson Dong (Bryant) 3-6, 6-4, 10-8
4. Michael Plutt (Bryant) def. Jean Armstrong (MSM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Guido Argentini (Bryant) def. Gabriel Santos (MSM) 6-0, 6-2
6. Jorge Ortiz-Garcia (Bryant) def. Chris Lindsey (MSM) 6-2, 6-2