Emmitsburg, Md. (March 14, 2013)-- The Mount St. Mary's men's tennis team lost a closely contested match, 4-3 to Bryant on Thursday. Bryant won four of the six singles matches to clinch the victory. The Mount had a chance late in the match, but could not pull through to get the victory.
The Mount came out of the gate, winning two of the three doubles matches to earn the doubles point and take the 1-0 lead. Mike Salomon and Adam Salam downed the team of Phillip Kim and Vidith Hout, 8-4 at the No. 2 spot. The Mount also got a victory from Mike Zabetakis and Austin Blake. The tandem defeated Max Vogt and Munir Serin at the No. 3 spot. The team won 8-4.
Bryant stormed back in singles to complete the come from behind win. The Bulldogs won our of the six singles matches to earn the victory. Salam and senior Taylor Place earned wins in singles play at No. 2 and No. 6 respectively. Salam downed Max Vogt in straight sets, 6-3, 7-6 (7-5). Place earned a three set victory; 2-6, 7-6 (7-1), 10-8 over Josh Rubinstein.
The Mount men return to action on Tuesday, March 19 when they take on the Bucknell Bison. The match with Bucknell begins at 3:00 PM.
Bryant 4 - MSM 3
1. Zach Morris/Dana Parziale (BU) def. Matthew Blake/Taylor Place (MSM)- 8-2
2. Mike Salomon/Adam Salam (MSM) def. Phillip Kim/Vidith Hout (BU)- 8-4
3. Mike Zabetakis/Austin Blake (MSM) def. Max Vogt/Munir Serin (BU)- 8-4
1. Zach Morris (BU) def. Matthew Blake (MSM)- 2-6 6-3, 6-2
2. Adam Salam (MSM) def. Max Vogt (BU)- 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
3. Dana Parziale (BU) def. Mike Salomon (MSM)- 6-2, 6-2
4. Vidith Hout (BU) def. Austin Blake (MSM)- 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 6-3
5. Guillaume Sabourin (BU) def. Mike Zabetakis (MSM)- 6-1, 2-6, 6-3
6. Taylor Place (MSM) def. Josh Rubinstein (BU)- 2-6, 7-6 (7-1), 10-8