Dec 17, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (1-9) at AMERICAN (5-3)
Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 7 pm
Bender Arena * Washington, D.C.
- Jalen Gibbs poured in a career-high 30 points to lead the Mount past Wilson, 74-59, on Saturday for the team's first win of the year. Gibbs and freshman Vado Morse keyed a late 17-to-5 run that closed the game to propel the Mount to the win. Gibbs nailed his sixth three-pointer of the game to put the Mount up, 60-54. Morse followed with a three-pointer of his own, and Gibbs then converted a traditional three-point play to stretch the Mount's lead to double digits. Morse scored eight of his 14 points during the game-clinching run.
- Jalen Gibbs poured in a career-high 30 points in the win over Wilson. He is the 11th Mount player to score 30 points in a game since the school moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. The Mount's last 30-point game was by Junior Robinson when he scored 30 at Sacred Heart on Feb. 17, 2018.
- Omar Habwe stuffed the stat sheet with eight points, seven rebounds, five assists and five steals in the Mount's win over Wilson. He is just the second Mountaineer over the past nine seasons with a five or more points, rebounds, assists and steals in the same game. The other was Elijah Long, who had a line of 14 points, seven rebounds, 12 assists and five steals against FDU on Jan. 12, 2017.
- Damian Chong Qui has give the Mount solid numbers since moving into the starting lineup three games ago. Chong Qui is averaging 10.0 points and 4.7 assists per game with a 3.5-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio over that stretch.
- The Mount is averaging 74.3 points and 10.0 three-pointers made over the past three games. The Mount scored a season-high 78 points against Lehigh on Dec. 8, and followed with 74 points in the win over Wilson College this past Saturday.
- Up next, the Mount hosts St. Mary's (Md.) on Saturday, Dec. 22, at 4 pm.