Nov 20, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-4) vs. NORTH CAROLINA A&T (0-5)
Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
- Mount St. Mary's fell at Maryland, 92-77, on Sunday afternoon at the Xfinity Center. Sophomore Omar Habwe scored a career-high 18 points while K.J. Scott added 15 points in the game Freshman Dee Barnes scored eight points in nine minutes of action while Vado Morse and Malik Jefferson added eight points each for the Mountaineers. The Mount then closed the game on a 34-to-17 run to trim the final deficit to 15. Barnes scored all eight of his points during the run, while Jefferson added a pair of traditional three-point plays.
- Omar Habwe scored a career-high 18 points while adding six rebounds at Maryland. Habwe, who was 7-for-7 at the foul line against the Terrapins, is averaging 13.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.0 steals over the past two games for the Mountaineers.
- K.J. Scott scored 15 points off the bench for the Mount at Maryland, hitting 3-of-5 from three-point range. Scott is averaging 14.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.0 steals over his past two games. He has upped his scoring average on the season to 9.7 points per game while adding 4.3 rebounds.
- The Mountaineers scored a season-high 77 points at Maryland, and are averaging 76.0 points over the past two games. At Maryland, the Mount averaged a season-best 1.04 points per possession.
- Mount St. Mary's hit a season-best 86.4 percent at the foul line in the 92-77 loss at Maryland on Sunday. The Mount made just 28-of-54 (.519) at the charity stripe over the first three games of the year. The Mount is now shooting 61.8 percent at the line as a team this season.
- Up next, the Mount heads to Morgan State on Sunday, November 25, for a 1:00 p.m. matchup. That game begins a three-game road trip for the Mountaineers that will include games at rival Loyola (Dec. 1) and at St. John's (Dec. 5).