Jan 24, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (10-11, 4-4 NEC) vs. LIU BROOKLYN (9-12, 4-4 NEC)
Thursday, January 25, 2018 | 9:00 p.m.
Knott Arena | Emmitsburg, Md.
- Mount St. Mary's lost at Fairleigh Dickinson, 73-72, on Saturday afternoon to fall to 10-11 overall and 4-4 in the Northeast Conference. Junior Robinson led the Mount with 19 points and seven assists while Chris Wray recorded his third double-double of the year with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
- Chris Wray had a tremendous all-around effort in the Mount's 73-72 loss at FDU. The 6-8 senior finished with 12 points, 13 rebounds, three assists, five steals and three blocks in the game. He is the first player in the country this season and second in the last eight years to have a game with those stats. The other player is current Philadelphia 76ers guard Ben Simmons, who finished with 43 points, 14 rebounds, seven assists, three blocks and five steals for LSU in a win over North Florida on February 2, 2015.
- Mount St. Mary's hosts LIU Brooklyn and St. Francis Brooklyn this week. The Mount lost to each team on the road earlier this year. Under head coach Jamion Christian, the Mount is 12-4 when facing a team for the second time after losing the first matchup. The last time the Mount was swept in an NEC season series was in 2014-15 when Robert Morris won both games.
- The Mountaineers have made 10 or more three-pointers in each of the past six games, going 76-for-179 (.425) over that span. The Mount is averaging 12.7 three-pointers made per game during the six-game span.
- Junior Robinson made four three-pointers in the Mount's loss at FDU on Saturday, giving him 201 for his career. He becomes the fourth Mountaineer all-time to have at least 1,600 points, 400 assists and 200 three-pointers made in their career. The others include Chris McGuthrie,Gregory Harris and Julian Norfleet.
- The Mount returns to action on Saturday, January 27, when St. Francis Brooklyn visits Knott Arena for a 4:00 p.m. matchup.