Dec 26, 2017
- Junior Robinson scored 23 points while dishing out eight assists to lead Mount St. Mary's past Coppin State, 66-53, on December 22. The Mount led by 21 points with just over four minutes remaining in the game. Chris Wray chipped in eight points and a game-high 11 rebounds in the win.
- The Mountaineers finished the non-conference portion of the schedule with a 6-7 record. The six wins match the 1989-90 team for the most non-conference wins by a Mount team since the move to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. In addition, the Mount won back-to-back non-conference road games for the first time since 2012.
- Mount St. Mary's begins its 29th season in the Northeast Conference at Wagner. The Mountaineers are 12-16 all-time in NEC openers, including a 4-13 mark away from Knott Arena. The Mount has won its NEC opener in each of the past two seasons with both wins coming against LIU Brooklyn.
- Defense has keyed the Mount's current three-game win streak. Over the three-game stretch, the Mountaineers are limiting the opposition to 58.7 points and 37.6 percent shooting from three-point range. Over the past two games, the defense has been even better with the Mount allowing just 54.5 points while holding the opponents to 34.2 percent shooting overall and 29.6 percent from three-point range.
- Senior forward Chris Wray has recorded 10 or more rebounds in each of the past two games. After tallying a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds in the win over American, he followed with eight points and 11 boards at Coppin State. Wray is averaging 10.0 points and 11.5 rebounds over the past two games.
- Senior guard Junior Robinson had 23 points and eight assists at Coppin State. It was the fifth time this season that Robinson has scored 20 or more points while dishing out five or more assists in the same game.