Feb 24, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (15-15, 13-4 NEC) vs. ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN (4-26, 2-15 NEC)
Saturday, February 25, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's fell to LIU Brooklyn, 62-58, on Thursday night at Knott Arena. Leading 52-47 with just over five minutes remaining, the Mount saw LIU go on a 9-0 run to take a 56-52 lead. The Mount cut the deficit to 56-54 on a Chris Wray dunk, and had a chance to tie in the final minute, but came up short. Miles Wilson led the Mount with 11 points while Junior Robinson and Greg Alexander added 10 points each.
- Mount St. Mary's owns a one-game lead in the Northeast Conference standings heading into the final game of the regular season. The Mount clinches the NEC regular season title with a win over St. Francis Brooklyn or an LIU Brooklyn loss at Wagner. If the Mount and LIU Brooklyn end up tied, the Mount finishes with the No. 1 seed if Saint Francis U beats Fairleigh Dickinson. If FDU wins, the Mount would be the No. 2 seed.
Elijah Long leads the Northeast Conference with 4.40 assists per game this season. The last Mount player to lead the conference in assists was Riley Inge, who dished out an NEC-best 5.9 assists per game in 1993-94.
- Freshman Miles Wilson is averaging 11.2 points and 3.1 rebounds in his rookie season. Wilson ranks fourth among all freshmen in scoring in the NEC behind Bryant's Adam Grant (13.8), Saint Francis U's Keith Braxton (13.3) and St. Francis Brooklyn's Rasheem Dunn (13.1).
- The Mount held a 26-25 lead at the half in Thursday's loss to LIU Brooklyn. During head coach Jamion Christian's tenure at the Mount, the team is 57-17 when leading at the half. However, the Mount is just 10-6 this season.
- Greg Alexander leads the Mount in three-point field goals (66) and three-point attempts (175). Alexander, who went 3-for-7 from beyond the arc in Thursday's loss to LIU Brooklyn, has made two or more three-pointers in 21 of the 29 games he has played this year. He has made three or more threes in a game 12 times this year.