MOUNT ST. MARY'S (11-15, 7-6 NEC) vs. BRYANT (17-11, 9-4 NEC)
Monday, February 24, 2013, 8:30 p.m.
Emmitsburg, Md., Knott Arena
NEC Front Row (Adam Pohl and Roy Sigler on the call)
1. The Mount concluded its five-game road trip with a 71-66 loss at Wagner on Saturday. Rashad Whack recorded 15 points and 10 rebounds for his second career double-double in the loss. The Mount trailed 62-49, but rallied by hitting a three-pointer on their next four possessions to cut the deficit to 64-61 with 1:40 on the clock. Wagner, however, got a Kenneth Ortiz bucket on the next possession, and held on for the victory. Julian Norfleet and Sam Prescott added 14 points each in the loss as the Mount shot just 7-of-26 (.269) from three-point range in the game.
2. Mount St. Mary's is the top scoring team in the Northeast Conference at 75.8 points per game. In league games, the Mount's top offense is scoring at a clip of 78.7 points.
3. Julian Norfleet needs two points to become the 16th player in Mount history to reach 1,500 career points. The 6-3 guard has tallied 1,498 points in 119 career games played. He will become the 64th player in NEC history to reach the 1,500-point plateau.
4. Mount St. Mary's has outscored its opponents by 318 points from three-point range this year. The Mountaineers have made 237 three-point field goals while allowing just 131. In NEC play, the Mount is second in the conference in three-point field goal percentage defense (.318) and is allowing opponent just 4.2 three-point field goals per game.
5. The Mount will host Sacred Heart on Thursday and Saint Francis U on Saturday to round out the regular season.