#5 MOUNT ST. MARY'S (17-13) at #1 ROBERT MORRIS (23-9)
Saturday, March 9, 2013, 2:30 p.m.
Sewall Center, Moon Township, Pa.
TV: MSG, FCS, ESPN3
* Rashad Whack scored 17 of his team-high 19 points to lead Mount St. Mary's to a 75-69 win at Bryant in the Northeast Conference Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday. The Mount outscored Bryant 47-34 in the second half to secure the win. Shivaughn Wiggins chipped in 16 points with Julian Norfleet and Raven Barber adding 14 each in the victory.
* Mount St. Mary's is riding an eight-game win streak heading into the Northeast Conference semifinals. It is tied for the third-best win streak by a Mount team since the school moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89.
* The Mount and Robert Morris will be renewing one of the best rivalries in NEC Tournament history when they meet on Sunday. The two schools met in the NEC Tournament five consecutive seasons from 2006-10, including a 48-46 Robert Morris win in the 2009 NEC Championship game. This will be the eighth all-time matchup between the two schools in the NEC Tournament.
* Freshman guard Shivaughn Wiggins was named the NEC's Rookie of the Year on Tuesday. Wiggins joins Chris McGuthrie (1992-93) as the only Mountaineers to win NEC Rookie of the Year honors. Wiggins is averaging 9.8 points, 2.2 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game this year.
* Point guard Julian Norfleet became the 44th player in Mount history to reach 1,000 career points with his 15-point effort in the Mount's 103-82 win at Fairleigh Dickinson. Norfleet is now 39th all-time at Mount St. Mary's with 1,021 points in 91 career games.