Mount St. Mary's Men's Basketball to Face Bryant in Northeast Conference Tournament Quarterfinals
#5 MOUNT ST. MARY'S (16-13) at #4 BRYANT (19-10)
Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 7 pm
Smithfield, R.I., Chace Athletic Center
* Six players scored in double figures at Mount St. Mary's closed the regular season with a 103-82 win at Fairleigh Dickinson this past Saturday. Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins paced the Mount with a career-high 28 points, hitting 13-of-15 at the foul line in the win. Sam Prescott stuffed the stat sheet with 17 points, eight rebounds and five assists while Julian Norfleet added 15 in the victory. Rashad Whack (13), Kelvin Parker (10) and Gregory Graves (10) also reached double figures in the win.
* Mount St. Mary's is riding a seven-game win streak into the Northeast Conference Tournament. The win streak is the fourth-longest by a Mount team since joining NCAA Division I in 1988-89.
* Freshman guard Shivaughn Wiggins was named the NEC's Rookie of the Year on Tuesday. Wiggins joins Chris McGuthrie (1992-93) as the only Mountaineers to win NEC Rookie of the Year honors. Wiggins is averaging 9.6 points, 2.2 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game for the Mount this year, shooting 48.6 percent from the field and 47.7 percent from three-point range.
* Point guard Julian Norfleet became the 44th player in Mount history to reach 1,000 career points with his 15-point effort in the Mount's 103-82 win at Fairleigh Dickinson. Norfleet is now 43rd all-time at Mount St. Mary's with 1,007 points in 90 career games.
* The Mount's 103-82 win at Fairleigh Dickinson was the first time that the team has scored 100 or more points in 18 years. The last time the Mount reached triple digits was a 103-86 win over LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 14, 1995.