MOUNT ST. MARY'S (15-13, 10-7 NEC) at FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON (7-23, 2-15 NEC)
Saturday, March 2, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
Hackensack, N.J./Stratis Arena
* The Mount defeated Monmouth, 77-63, on Thursday night to improve to 15-13 overall and 10-7 in the Northeast Conference. Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins led a balanced scoring attack with 16 points. Julian Norfleet stuffed the stat sheet with 14 points, five assists, three blocks, two steals and two rebounds while Kelvin Parker chipped in 13 points, seven rebounds and four steals.
* The Mount is currently in sixth place in the Northeast Conference standings. There are two scenarios the Mount can finish fourth and earn an NEC Tournament home game. The first is for Wagner, LIU Brooklyn and the Mount all win, and Bryant loses. The second is for LIU and the Mount to win, and Bryant and Wagner to lose. In both cases, the Mount earns the #4 seed.
* Mount St. Mary's has won six games in a row to improve to 15-13 on the season. The six-game win streak is the longest by a Mount team since the 2009-10 squad rattled off 11 wins in a row. A Mount victory over Fairleigh Dickinson would clinch a winning season.
* Point guard Julian Norfleet needs eight points to become the 44th player in Mount history to reach 1,000 career points. The last Mountaineer to reach 1,000 points was Jean Cajou in 2011.
* The Mountaineers are averaging 73.4 points per game in Northeast Conference games. It has been a balanced scoring effort as the Mount has four players averaging double figures in league games: Rashad Whack (14.1), Julian Norfleet (11.2), Sam Prescott (11.1) and Shivaughn Wiggins (10.9).
Up Next: The Mount will play in the NEC Tournament quarterfinals on Wednesday, March 6.