MOUNT ST. MARY'S (14-13, 9-7 NEC) at MONMOUTH (10-19, 5-11 NEC)
Thursday, February 28, 2013, 7 p.m.
West Long Branch, N.J. * MAC
* Mount St. Mary's defeated St. Francis Brooklyn, 73-65, on Saturday to extend its win streak to five games. Julian Norfleet paced the Mount with a career-high 25 points in the victory. The Mount led by 15 points in the first half, and held off a St. Francis second-half rally to earn the victory. Shivaughn Wiggins added 11 points and senior Raven Barber 10 in the Mount's final regular season home game.
* Mount St. Mary's has clinched a spot in the 2013 Northeast Conference Tournament. The Mount will be back in the eight-team field after missing out last year for the first time since 2005.
* The Mountaineers have an 8-4 record since inserting freshman Shivaughn Wiggins in the starting lineup 12 games ago. Over that 12-game stretch, the Mount is averaging 75.6 points per game and has four players averaging in double figures: Rashad Whack (14.4), Wiggins (13.3), Julian Norfleet (12.7) and Sam Prescott (12.0).
* The Mount has had at least one player score 20 or more points in each of the past five games. More impressive is that the list includes four different players (Rashad Whack, Sam Prescott, Julian Norfleet, and Shivaughn Wiggins).
* Junior guard Rashad Whack has been the Mount's most consistent three-point threat this year. Whack is 68-for-187 (.364) from three-point range on the year. He has made three or more three-pointers in a game 11 times this year, and has made five or more on five occasions.
Up Next: The Mount closes out the 2012-13 regular season at Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday, March 2.