MOUNT ST. MARY'S (11-13, 6-7 NEC) vs. CENTRAL CONNECTICUT ST. (10-13, 6-6 NEC)
Saturday, February 16, 2013, 11:30 a.m.
Emmitsburg, Md., Knott Arena
Television: Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN), MSG
GAME NOTES | LIVE STATS | LIVE VIDEO | FOLLOW ON TWITTER
* Sam Prescott poured in a career high 44 points to lead the Mount to an 84-70 win over Northeast Conference leader Bryant on Thursday night at Knott Arena. Prescott scored 28 of his 44 points in the first half as the Mount led 42-28 at the break. He was 10-of-14 from three-point range, matching the school record for three-pointers made in a game. Kelvin Parker added 19 points and six rebounds in the victory while Julian Norfleet dished out a career-high 11 assists. The Mountaineers shot 50.9 percent overall and had 22 assists with just six turnovers in the game.
* Prescott's 44 points were the most by a Mount player since Mike Tate scored 44 against Kutztown State on Nov. 24, 1987. The 44-point effort set a school mark for most points by a Mount player during the Division I era (since 1988-89). He is just the fourth player in school history to score 44 or more in a game, joining Jack Sullivan (7 times), Dave Maloney and Tate.
* Mount St. Mary's made a school-record 17 three-pointers in the win over Bryant. Over the past two home games, the Mount is 30-for-59 (.508) from three-point range.
* Sophomore Kelvin Parker scored a season-high 19 points in the Mount's win against Bryant. Parker hit 5-of-7 from three-point range in the game while adding six rebounds. Parker is averaging 12.0 points over the past three games.
* Mount St. Mary's is now 7-2 at home this year. The Mountaineers are 41-21 (.662) at home over their past 62 games at Knott Arena, and are 46-23 (.667) over their past 69 NEC home games.
Up Next: The Mount continues its four-game homestand against LIU Brooklyn on Thursday, Feb. 21.