Men's Basketball to Face Saint Francis (Pa.) on Saturday
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (9-13, 4-7 NEC) at SAINT FRANCIS (2-20, 2-9 NEC)
Saturday, February 9, 2013, 7 pm
DeGol Arena, Loretto, PA
* Mount St. Mary's lost at Wagner, 74-65, on Wednesday night to fall to 9-13 overall and 4-7 in the NEC. Rashad Whack scored 17 of his team-high 19 points in the second half while Kelvin Parker chipped in 12 of his 15 points in the opening half. The Mount, which trailed by 12 at the half, was unable to cut the deficit under five points in the second stanza.
* Junior guard Rashad Whack, who scored a career-high 35 points in the Mount's win over Sacred Heart, is averaging 27.0 points over the past two games. He is 12-for-22 (.545) from three-point range over that span.
* This will be the 67th all-time meeting between the Mount and Saint Francis, with the Mountaineers holding a 38-28 lead. The Mount has won five in a row and 13 of the past 14 meetings with Saint Francis. The Mountaineers are 9-19 all-time on the road against Saint Francis, but have won four of the past five meetings at DeGol Arena.
* Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins, named NEC Rookie of the Week for the third time on Monday, has given the Mount offense a lift, averaging 13.9 points over the past seven games. He has scored in double figures in six of the seven games, including topping the 20-point mark twice.
* The Mount is 3-11 on the road this season, and 1-5 in Northeast Conference games. Mount St. Mary's is 10-39 overall on the road over the past three seasons, including a 7-17 record in NEC road contests.
Up Next: The Mount hosts NEC leader Bryant on Thursday, February 14, at 7:00 p.m. at Knott Arena.