MOUNT ST. MARY'S (8-12, 3-6 NEC) vs. SACRED HEART (8-12, 6-3 NEC)
Saturday, February 2, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
Emmitsburg, Md., Knott Arena
* Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins scored 17 points as Mount St. Mary's held off Quinnipiac, 77-73, on Thursday night at Knott Arena. The Mount led by 13 points in the second half before Quinnipiac staged a rally to cut the gap to 68-67. Julian Norfleet countered with a three-pointer with 1:20 left to push the lead back to four. The Bobcats were able to cut the deficit to 74-73 with 11.7 seconds on the clock, but the Mount hit three free throws in the final four seconds to seal the win.
* Shivaughn Wiggins is averaging a team-best 14.6 points over the past five games. During that stretch, he is shooting 57.1 percent (20-of-35) from the field, 81.8 percent (9-of-11) from three-point range, and 77.4 percent (24-of-31) at the foul line. He scored a season-high 21 points at Robert Morris and has scored double figures in four of his past five games.
* The Mount is averaging 34 free throw attempts over the past two games. In the 77-73 win over Quinnipiac, the Mountaineers were 25-of-36 (.694) at the line, setting a season high for both makes and attempts. Prior to the past two games, the Mount was averaging just 12.7 free throw attempts per game as a team.
* Mount St. Mary's has won the past seven meetings with Sacred Heart, and holds an 18-7 lead in the all-time series. The Mount is 10-2 at home against the Pioneers.
* Freshman forward Taylor Danaher is averaging 8.0 points and 4.0 rebounds over the past two contests. Danaher has hit 7-of-8 (.875) from the field over the two-game span.
Up Next: The Mount visits Wagner on Wednesday, February 6, for a 7:00 p.m. game.