Mount St. Mary's Welcomes Quinnipiac to Knott Arena on Thursday night
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (7-12, 2-6 NEC) vs. QUINNIPIAC (8-12, 4-4 NEC)
Thursday, January 31, 2013, 7 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
GAME NOTES | LIVE VIDEO (Free) | FOLLOW ON TWITTER | LIVE STATS
* Mount St. Mary's staged a furious rally at Robert Morris on Saturday, but came up short in a 76-68 loss. Trailing by 16 points with 2:16 left, the Mount went on a 13-1 run to cut the deficit to 72-68 with 24 seconds on the clock. Robert Morris, however, hit four free throws in the final seconds to hold off the Mount for the win. Shivaughn Wiggins and Julian Norfleet paced the Mount with 21 points each in the game.
* Julian Norfleet and Shivaughn Wiggins each scored 21 points in the Mount's 76-68 loss at Robert Morris on Saturday. It was the first time the Mount had two players score 20 or more points in the same game since Jeremy Goode (24 points) and Jean Cajou (23 points) did against Sacred Heart on January 17, 2009.
* The Mount shot a season-high 32 free throw attempts in the loss at Robert Morris. The Mount was averaging just 12.7 free throw attempts prior to the game.
* Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins scored a season-high 21 points in the loss at Robert Morris. It was his second 20-point game over the past four contests. Wiggins is averaging 14.0 points during that stretch, hitting 60.7 percent from the field and 80.0 percent from three-point range.
* This will be the 27th all-time meeting between the Mount and Quinnipiac. The series is tied at 13 wins each, but the Bobcats have captured the past two games. Mount St. Mary's has won the past six meetings between the teams at Knott Arena, and is 8-3 all-time at home against the Bobcats.
Up Next: The Mount hosts Sacred Heart on Saturday, February 2, at 4:00 p.m.